• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select!!

jbdonny

Congrats Skim; I Would be there but for one thing

I've been following your persistence Skim; which along with my own drive, will be one of the main reasons I will not give up. I just received word earlier this week that my SWO/IP choice was denied and changed back to SWO, which was then Pro-Rec'd. One problem, SWO's max-age-w/waiver is 31 for priors... well, I'll be 31 in two weeks... so, I guess the needs of the Navy sometimes lose out to higher regs. I got turned down for SWO/IP because my Comp Sci degree did not include the prerequisite calc and physics classes. I'm a network engineer, so, logically I would align better with SWO/IP, which ironically has a max-age of 35. So, as a SELRES with a ever-decreasing amount of funds in a deprecated non-industrially advanced area, I will have no qualms with switching to active-duty (Been there, done that as a Marine), building up my record jacket and getting those classes complete in a hurry. I will re-apply to SWO/IP and SWO/IW at a later date and hopefully in a better situation.

But, congrats on your selection; I just have to keep thinking that I was selected too. I'm an IT2 as it is... and with activating, I'm considering CTN A school to gain the rating that would help with both my future SWO/IP and SWO/IW applications. I just hope those options are on the table when it comes my time, again.

BTW, 18th of January in New England is a good time for training... you'll be commissioned in April, I think, and onto bigger and better things. I shouldn't say good luck; you've got this thing handled.

Have a heck of a time.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Thanks for looking out and hope things work for you. Get those classes done and apply. Hopefully you get it. Good Luck!

P.S. Its nice to know I motivated someone. Thanks.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Congrats Skim. I'm sure you've already heard it, and will hear it many more times, but never, ever take the selection and all that will follow for granted. In all the history of the world, only a very small group of people have earned the right to be alumni in the fraternity of Naval Aviation. It's a great honor at any age.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
So the processor at the OR told me that if I want to extend the OCS date to a later one, I have to write a letter explaining why. I used to exercise pretty religiously until my knee started to get sore (tendenitis) and so I've been resting my legs the past month (no running or any high impact exercises) so I am not exactly in "great" shape right now. What would you guys do? take the Jan 18th date that I was given and do my best to prep until then or extend to give myself more time? (sorry again for the thread jack, I didn't think this was worthy of a new thread). And also, Skim, it'd be nice to be in the same class as well.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Congrats Skim. I'm sure you've already heard it, and will hear it many more times, but never, ever take the selection and all that will follow for granted. In all the history of the world, only a very small group of people have earned the right to be alumni in the fraternity of Naval Aviation. It's a great honor at any age.

Understood sir. Definitly not taking it for granted. I know this spot in the Navy is earned. I may be a poor comedian here but I know when to shut the F up and work. Thank you sir.

Shotcalla,
I don't know how bad your knee is, but you do have over a month to prepare. What gives you the most trouble? I assume running. Maybe focus more on less impact types of exercise and use a band if you have to. Focus on your pushups and situps. That is pretty much what I do now at the gym plus pullups. I only lift weights 2 days, chest and upperbody, just to stay looking sharp for the ladies. BUT, I make sure that no matter how tired I am after doing benchpresses or curls, I still time myself with pushups and situps and do cardio. It sucks, but if I can still do 50-60 pushups after a full chest work or body work out I think I can better survive the PRT since I am beat afterwards. Maybe we can PT sometime. I hope it works out.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Yes. Well, really more of a classic thing that USMC Drill Instructors say to people who talk a little too familiarly. You never heard that?

Mattatron

Now with extra pork!
pilot
I just got the good word, Final Select SNA with an OCS date of Feb 2. Congrats Skim I'll see you there!