• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Question

srqwho

pilot
I was pro-rec'd in June and was PQ'd a few weeks ago. As far as the background check is concerned... should I expect a phone call from an "investigator". A few other threads had mentioned that this (the background check) happens after the final select letter, but then there was this phone call mentioned too. I'm just curious what exactly I should be expecting next...

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I did my EPSQ for BDCP years ago and no one has received a phone call. It is my understanding that when you fill it out it is more of screening process than receiving an actual clearance. Later in flight school you apply for a clearance (THIS MEANS SAVE A COPY OF YOUR EPSQ) and people might receive calls then.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
I got a call from the investigator about a week after my pro-rec. I had to meet with her and she had face to face conversations with a few of my friends, as well as calling a few others.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
I got a call from the investigator about a week after my pro-rec. I had to meet with her and she had face to face conversations with a few of my friends, as well as calling a few others.

This happened to me as well, but it happened before the board even met! That didn't make me happy, because I didn't exactly want my boss to be interviewed. The investigator interviewed me, my friends, my family, my neighbors, my boss, and God knows who else.

But I've heard my situation was rare and peculiar, so who knows. Most others, like Tom mentioned, never got a single call.

I, too, was Pro-rec'd in June, and never got my Final Select Letter until I called the NRD and asked for a copy. I got it 15AUG, it was dated 15JUL. Go figure.

You may get a call, you may get a letter regarding your Final Select, but I don't think it is dependent on your JPAS going through.

Keep us posted!

Lobster

You guys said this was rare but since I just got pro rec'd for SNA BDCP should I be expecting this? Do they have a tendancy to investigate BDCP guys more?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I met with an investigator while still in college. It was mostly just going over some of my answers, he took a couple notes, never heard from him again. I don't know if he met with any of my friends either, but I doubt it.

srqwho

pilot
Thanks everybody. I have a friend who is an engineer... he needed a security clearance for a promotion at work and I was interviewed by a guy who asked some pretty straight forward questions about him. I had just imagined that this was a standard part of the application process. I will be sure to tell of any happenings...

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
So who from June is still waiting on a final selection besides me? Going on three months now. I can't even get a call back from my recruiter this week.

nzachman

I've found the average time is around 6 weeks. But it can vary from a few weeks to a few months. Be patient.

srqwho

pilot
I just spoke with my recruiter's secretary on Thursday and she told me that everything had "gone through" and I'd have an OCS date on Tuesday or Wednesday. Apparently there is some recruiter conference this week...? So it sounds like I am a final select:D... but got a few more days until the details and the swearing in.

After talking to a few guys here, it seems that if you hadn't gone to MEPS prior to the boards (and you requested a later date to leave), it may take a little longer for final select than the guys/gals at the boards who have already had their medical done and have asked to leave ASAP.

nzachman

Recruiter conference is in New Orleans. Just FYI. Will be completed by the end of the week.