• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Fifrein

Still Learning
Hell yeah. I've got my finsel for same class. My OR is trying to get me bumped up to Aug 12 though. We'll see what happens, but if not I'll see you there. We'd be going to Pensacola together too (if neither of us rolls for anything of course)

Fingers crossed and wood knocked. I'm not feeling great about my current physical atributes, but it's a lot better than when I started.

Spartans1991

Fingers crossed and wood knocked. I'm not feeling great about my current physical atributes, but it's a lot better than when I started.
What are you most worried about? I feel pretty good about most except pushups but I'm 27 so the standards are a little easier.

Fifrein

Still Learning
What are you most worried about? I feel pretty good about most except pushups but I'm 27 so the standards are a little easier.

I'm 21, so my standards are close to the highest, but I'm still working on getting everything above satisfactory and I don't have a whole lot of time to do it. Mostly worried about the Run, as it's difficult really run far or often in my own neighborhood. There's a lot of traffic, a lot of street lights, and I'm a bit self conscious about running into too many people who know me. Not to mention I live in SoCal and the heat wave is monsterous. I'm still trying to run every day, but I'm not sure I can get my numbers up to where they need to be in time. A lot of anxiety in there too, because I heard that if you fail pretty much anything else, you're rolled back to a probationary squad, but if you fail the run they kick you out completely.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
I'm 21, so my standards are close to the highest, but I'm still working on getting everything above satisfactory and I don't have a whole lot of time to do it. Mostly worried about the Run, as it's difficult really run far or often in my own neighborhood. There's a lot of traffic, a lot of street lights, and I'm a bit self conscious about running into too many people who know me. Not to mention I live in SoCal and the heat wave is monsterous. I'm still trying to run every day, but I'm not sure I can get my numbers up to where they need to be in time. A lot of anxiety in there too, because I heard that if you fail pretty much anything else, you're rolled back to a probationary squad, but if you fail the run they kick you out completely.
$30 gym membership + treadmill if the heat/traffic/people are bothering you.

And who cares if you run into people you know? You're running. It's not like they're watching you do some satanic ritual. Running is something that's pretty normal.

123spacego

Use a high school or college track an start your run at 6am before it gets hot. I ran for a while on a treadmill in a gym; however, I highly suggest using a track for 3 reasons:
1. The run at OCS is on a track and you need to practice as you will perform.
2. Running on a treadmill is easy to keep your pace as you set a speed and it stays constant. On a track you have to learn how to keep your pace manually.
3. You use different muscles to actually propel yourself forward on a track versus a treadmill.

A treadmill is better than nothing at all.

Fifrein

Still Learning
$30 gym membership + treadmill if the heat/traffic/people are bothering you.

And who cares if you run into people you know? You're running. It's not like they're watching you do some satanic ritual. Running is something that's pretty normal.

Yeah I have the gym membership, and in addition to running in the mornings when I can, I try to make it to the gym at least twice a week. I run for speed and pacing practice when I run around concrete at home, and I run for distance on the treadmill. I can make about 5.5 miles on the treadmill, alternating between running and speedwalking at the moment. Most of the first 2 miles is a run on the treadmill though, or at least a jog. I try to push myself, because I absolutely can't let myself be that one guy who makes a big deal about finally going off to make something of himself and gets kicked out to come home a week later.

fosco146

Has your OR given you any reason?

I'm curious because I'm hoping that if I get selected, I can leave for OCS right when my lease is up so I don't have to search for a new place.
It sounds like we're in similar situations. The explanation I got is that it's common this time of year for delays to happen.

fosco146

Like 123 said, hit a track at a school near you. Treadmills can't compare to the real thing.
Look into interval sprints to get your speed and VO2 max up, I can send you a program that works.
Be sure to work out your lower body (deadlifts, squats, lunges, etc). Rest when you need to.

Seniuram

Out where I live (Oklahoma) the tracks are open to the public as long as they are not in use by the school at any particular time.

If you can out run the police, you can pass the PFA.
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball... if you can dodge a police cruiser you can dodge a PFA.

In my community the public schools are funded by taxpayer dollars so they allow the public to use the athletic facilities at anytime except when they’re is a legitimate practice or sporting event going on. I run on my old high schools track everyday and do sprints on the football field. I also live in Michigan and Michigan manners is a real thing so no ones gonna yell at yuh here yuh know.