• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

ironhead79ltc

So what's that mean for us then? I already moved my wedding back lol I think my fiancé might kill me getting pushed back again if they wait till June for us from December board

JamesL37

It means what it's always meant for us: "You have no idea when you will be going (could be a month, or two, or ten), but you should always be ready to go on a moment's notice whenever we want you to go. So hurry up and wait!"

exNavyOffRec

http://www.airwarriors.com/communit...er-board-applicants.41098/page-60#post-764151

This post leads me to confusion, as NavyOffRec stated the FY '14 quota was nearly full after the December board, which I guess I assumed then that all December selects would be '14 ascensions.

people put in for and get picked for multiple designators, until recently they also could submit without N3M clearance, and you have people that change their mind, so IF every person selected was ONLY picked for one designator AND everyone became medically cleared AND if no one changed their mind they could have filled up.

ironhead79ltc

people put in for and get picked for multiple designators, until recently they also could submit without N3M clearance, and you have people that change their mind, so IF every person selected was ONLY picked for one designator AND everyone became medically cleared AND if no one changed their mind they could have filled up.
So what you are saying is...not everyone else lives to be the only designator they put down like SWO? lol

Last edited:

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!
I heard that the quota for FY14 was reduced after the December board.

Yeah, I hadn't seen that - connects the dots. Last I heard from my recruiter he still seems to think before then but what can I do - nothing but train and memorize I guess :)

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
Guess we won't know until our orders come. Like I mentioned before. JUNE/JULY is the forecast. Be nice if it's before then. My wish just like the rest of you. But, what can we do? Have to get used to it :mad:

DIVO

[quote="SaltyDawg85, post: 767955, member:
Now I'm no expert so take it with a grain of salt, but everybody that I've talked to, including my OR, says that your background investigation only needs to be OPENED, and it's unlikely you will be speaking with an investigator before you head to OCS.[/quote]

this is not true -- speaking with an investigator has NOTHING to do with when you go to OCS - it has everything to do with when the OR/Processor submitted JPAS. I've had folks meet with investigators (giving them hope they were selected) and ultimately not be selected. I have one person who just completed his interview and is only PROBOARD.

JamesL37

[quote="SaltyDawg85, post: 767955, member:
Now I'm no expert so take it with a grain of salt, but everybody that I've talked to, including my OR, says that your background investigation only needs to be OPENED, and it's unlikely you will be speaking with an investigator before you head to OCS.

this is not true -- speaking with an investigator has NOTHING to do with when you go to OCS - it has everything to do with when the OR/Processor submitted JPAS. I've had folks meet with investigators (giving them hope they were selected) and ultimately not be selected. I have one person who just completed his interview and is only PROBOARD.

By "ultimately not be selected" do you mean ProRec-N or not getting FS?

Areum

I got pro rec'd on the december board as SNA. my Final select request was put in on the 10th of February. Anyone know what the soonest date my letter could possible come in? My recruiter says that i have a good shot at a slot in the April/May classes.

mosst75268

I got pro rec'd on the december board as SNA. my Final select request was put in on the 10th of February. Anyone know what the soonest date my letter could possible come in? My recruiter says that i have a good shot at a slot in the April/May classes.

I also received a Pro Rec Y from the December board and was put in for my final select about 5 weeks ago. To my understanding they are waiting on more pilot quotas. Hopefully it will come sooner than later.

MA1

Areum

by quotas, do you mean they're trying to find out how many they can send to OCS? or waiting on more pilots to requests final selects since they're not getting enough?

theghettodefendant

None
by quotas, do you mean they're trying to find out how many they can send to OCS? or waiting on more pilots to requests final selects since they're not getting enough?

How did you request your final selects? Were you waiting for results from another board or something and not request your FS right away?

mosst75268

Quotas as in, how many pilots are need in the future. Once big Navy establishes how many they need they will publish how many are slotted for OCS and then they will send out final select letter and class date.

Areum

How did you request your final selects? Were you waiting for results from another board or something and not request your FS right away?

To request your final select, you just call your recruiter and ask. Of course, you have to be pro rec'd Y first (duh). but yeah. Depending on how far down your choice list your pro rec'd job was, you may have to send your recruiter an email authorizing him/her to pull your application our from any further processing. For me, I was pro rec'd SNA in Dec 2013, but i decided to wait for a decision from INTEL since that was my first choice. However, with the current INTEL fiasco going on right now (most INTEL's won't see an OCS date until FY '15), i decided to cut my losses and just go ahead with the SNA Final Select. So I called up my recruiter, told him to requeset the FS and to pull my application from the INTEL and supply boards.

exNavyOffRec

To request your final select, you just call your recruiter and ask. Of course, you have to be pro rec'd Y first (duh). but yeah. Depending on how far down your choice list your pro rec'd job was, you may have to send your recruiter an email authorizing him/her to pull your application our from any further processing. For me, I was pro rec'd SNA in Dec 2013, but i decided to wait for a decision from INTEL since that was my first choice. However, with the current INTEL fiasco going on right now (most INTEL's won't see an OCS date until FY '15), i decided to cut my losses and just go ahead with the SNA Final Select. So I called up my recruiter, told him to requeset the FS and to pull my application from the INTEL and supply boards.

There seems to be some confusion, you don't "request your final select" once a person is pro rec Y there is a list of things must be completed or met, once those are done then the FS paperwork is automatically processed by NRC, now if you are waiting on a board then yes you do have to let your recruiter know that you wish to forgo the other boards and be processed for what you were already pro rec for.

The status "awaiting FS, or awaiting FS signature" is just that a status, a person can sit in that status for days, weeks, months, or in one case years (IP), just because one person goes to that status and then has the letter arrive at the NRD in a week doesn't mean everyones will.