• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

exNavyOffRec

I wanna say the local processor reviews your paper work then sends off the paper work to TN to be reviewed by the head processor there. Once everything passes through..then your 'tentative date' is formulated meaning the FINSEL letter is waiting for signature. Once it gets signed it gets uploaded.

close, once the final paperwork is in order the NRC processor puts it in "awaiting final signature" status, then the PM will get the OCS date assigned and issue the FS letter when the time is appropriate.

Tasha

close, once the final paperwork is in order the NRC processor puts it in "awaiting final signature" status, then the PM will get the OCS date assigned and issue the FS letter when the time is appropriate.
Thanks for looking out as always, sir!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

The recruiter/processor will get a message on CIRIMS saying the FINSEL letter has been signed and issued. From there, it's downloaded as a PDF and emailed to the applicant.

jmeff

** Obligatory "I searched for this and wasn't satisfied" disclaimer **

What is the process when you do not receive a FINSEL (say the Navy decides to not accept you after issuing a Pro-Rec)? Are you informed of the denial? Does this ever happen for reasons other than medical DQ, clearance DQ or law-related trouble?

I'm not asking because I feel like I have been waiting too long, just wondering.

@RUFiO181 or @NavyOffRec .... maybe you would have some insight for this question. Spoke to my OR yesterday regarding my FinSel. She says it has been processed and quote "I am slated for an OCS date but won't know until it is released." I understand the process of how the PM releases it and then the ORs receive it etc etc.... But if I have already but placed in an OCS class, why is there a hold up being it can be released via email? Wouldn't it be beneficial to release it and have it sent out to maybe inform the people that need to know? I feel either my OR may not be completely accurate or the process is a rough one. I know you have answered questions similar to this a thousand times to hundreds of recruits so thank you.

priorguy

** Obligatory "I searched for this and wasn't satisfied" disclaimer **

What is the process when you do not receive a FINSEL (say the Navy decides to not accept you after issuing a Pro-Rec)? Are you informed of the denial? Does this ever happen for reasons other than medical DQ, clearance DQ or law-related trouble?

I'm not asking because I feel like I have been waiting too long, just wondering.

COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1131, CHAPTER 2, SECTION 2-a. Also see Exhibit 0202-01

CCTXNATIVE

020201. GENERAL
a. To be eligible for appointment in an active component,
U.S. citizenship is required (born in the U.S.A., naturalized,
or born abroad of U.S. parents), unless waived by the Secretary
of Defense for an original appointment in a grade below the
grade of Lieutenant Commander (O4). Dual citizens are eligible
to apply, but they must submit proof of renouncing non-U.S.
citizenship prior to final selection. Contact NAVCRUITCOM for
further guidance (N31).

I don't think so

Workingoutsidemyfield

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
@RUFiO181 or @NavyOffRec .... maybe you would have some insight for this question. Spoke to my OR yesterday regarding my FinSel. She says it has been processed and quote "I am slated for an OCS date but won't know until it is released." I understand the process of how the PM releases it and then the ORs receive it etc etc.... But if I have already but placed in an OCS class, why is there a hold up being it can be released via email? Wouldn't it be beneficial to release it and have it sent out to maybe inform the people that need to know? I feel either my OR may not be completely accurate or the process is a rough one. I know you have answered questions similar to this a thousand times to hundreds of recruits so thank you.

When you get PROREC'd and the FINDOCS (security clearance and N3M letter) have been received, the FINSEL letter gets sent to the PM for signature. Once that's done, the letter will be put in CIRIMS for the OR and Processor to download. I don't think your OR is withholding anything, just simply waiting for the FINSEL to arrive.

priorguy

The way that's written is not comforting at all...My OR made it sound like we were all going to get FINSELs..this sure doesnt.
Don't worry so much about this - it's rare that people ever get this. I think @navyoff once said he never had someone not receive their FINSEL - it's just a matter of waiting.