• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fighter Gap Bigger Than Predicted

vaportrail

fighter gap

So, I've read various projections. I'm sure everyone has read the same numbers. Although I'm aiming for a solid NSS, what do you think the impact of the upcoming fighter gap will have on the track select? Surely there has got to be a projected decrease in tailhooks with the correlated fighter gap. Any thoughts? Track select is in three weeks and I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect....with such a significant event on the horizon, there's got to be an impact.
PS. why not buy more super hornets? just a side-thought.

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
You will be fine. The Navy is not smart enough to plan that far out. The effects of the "fighter gap" will not be felt by primary selections till it slaps BUPERS in the face, years from now.

The standard responses will be:
1. To stop all Jet drops, except to the top guy out of all Navy selectees (all 3 bases) of that selection.
2. Attrite all SNAs with a NSS of less than 55 during API.
3. Kick out anyone with more than 2 downs during training.

Sound familiar to anyone?

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
Yeah man, concur with Lonestar. Don't worry about it and smoke your remaining flights. Selecting Hornets is still a long time away for you anyway.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Don't worry, plenty of E-2 and C-2 tailhook slots available :icon_smil

Lobster

Haha the best part is "all fighter pilots come from the united states air force academy"...

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
300px-berkut.jpg

300pxberkut.jpg

a u.s. Air force f-22 is shot down by superior russian mig-28's during the battle of canada. Note the stupid fucking russians put the wings on backwards (the us pilot did survive to later confront the two russian pilots in a matrix pistol fight, the american pilot won since russians can't shoot for shit.)
lol!

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Fighter_pilot said:
The secret ingredient in redbull is sweat from a figher pilots ass crack, which explains the drinks peculiar taste, and its ability to "give you wings"

now that is some funny shit....

Huggy Bear

pilot
http://www.navytimes.com/news/2009/06/navy_fighter_gap_061009w/

"That helps explain why the Navy has revised estimates of the “fighter gap,” which refers the Navy’s projected shortfall as the older F/A-18 Hornets wear out faster than new, next-generation F-35C Lightning II Joint Strike Fighters will start arriving to replace them in 2015.

The Navy’s estimate last year put the shortfall at about 125 Navy and Marine Corps fighters — or about 10 percent of the fighter fleet — peaking around 2017. Now Navy officials suggest that gap could reach 243 — or more than 20 percent of the fleet – and come several years earlier."

Translation- Lots more sea time for all my friends as you deploy more often to cover the shortage.

Buy more super hornets. :)

Reconjoe

And send some of those Super Hornets to the Marines! :D

....psh like that'll happen...they'd prbly rather stick us back in F-4's than hand over anything less than 10 years old...which explains the CH46's with bullet holes from vietnam still in them.......

phrogpilot73

....psh like that'll happen...they'd prbly rather stick us back in F-4's than hand over anything less than 10 years old...which explains the CH46's with bullet holes from vietnam still in them.......
Actually, last I checked - one of the newest military aircraft in the inventory is the... MV-22 Osprey.

Of course, by your logic - if it gets a bullet hole that doesn't impact the structural integrity, might as well send that aircraft to the boneyard. Buy a new one.

You've got a career in politics, I can see it.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
And send some of those Super Hornets to the Marines! :D

You'd have better luck getting an Obama bumper sticker 8 months ago from the guys on here at Airwarriors then finding someone to share in your Phrog bashing.

There is much respect around here for the old workhorse.