• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Field Selection

hurricane221

Does anyone know anything about the BDCP Field Select Contract? My recruiter mentioned that this was a new program however he didn't know much about it or the process. Any information would be great.

m26

Contributor
:eek: I don't believe my eyes. Could it really be that easy???

This is from March. If it was really happening, we would have probably picked up on it by now, no?

hurricane221

My recruiter has told me they have a few per fiscal year. And that they want to give me one. However they haven't really made to much progress. Although I haven't given them much time, I'm not sure where I stand (i.e. plan celebrations or continue to wait on boards).

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
wow, come on in bud lets get you signed up to be a fighter pilot, Uncle Sam wants you! sign at X.

Thats shocking, well deff curious to see if a OR somewhere has gotten to know an applicant well enough to put his balls that much on the line.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I just read through the link. Basically listed is the application and if the applicant can fill it out with the right info the navy is looking for and the OR signs off on it, He/She can be accepted for SNA, SNFO or SWO with out the whole selection board thing.

I didn't read through it like my actual contract, so might have missed some fine print. General gist I saw though.

JSnake

I went through the Field Select Program earlier this summer. My recruiter called it "automatic selection" or "instant selection." Apparently, I am the only to go through the program in the New York district so far. Basically, you still have to do everything (paperwork, etc) required in the normal process. However, instead of waiting for your package to go to the board, your package, if recommended for the field select by your OR, his peers, and his superiors, will go straight to the commanding officer of the district. The commanding officer of the district will then request an interview where he will fill out an overall-person evaluation. If all goes well, he will sign the field select letter, which basically counts as your pro-rec. Then the entire package along with the field select letter goes to CNRC for final approval where unless you really screwed up somewhere, you will receive your appointment.

I was "pro-rec'ed," and I say that with a lack of better terminology, and am awaiting my final select letter as soon as my medical waiver goes through (MEPS fucked up my eye exam). The process truly is MUCH MUCH faster than the normal process, and if it weren't for my medical waiver, I would've been sworn in a month ago (about two month time from start of application to finish, including waiting an entire month for my referrals to send in their LORs). The field select takes the uncertainty out of the application process, so they use it to draw in very well qualified applicants and hope they don't lose them to better scholarship opportunities.

As for the quota, each district has a given number of appointments into this program per year, and judging by what I hear from my OR, the quota decreases as applicants are admitted into the program, and frees back up when the applicant graduates from college. I'm not too sure on that part, but that's just what I've been told.