• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February '10 Boards

GlennH

Who's putting in a package for the February boards? I SHOULD be barring some unforeseen circumstance

22 M, SNA only
55 7/7/7
2.9 in Biology from Plymouth State University (small school in the mountains of NH)
Foreman of a painting crew in the summer
Played lots of intramural sports in college, was an avid snowboarder, and worked out regularly (don't know if that means anything but I threw it on the app anyway)
LOR's from 2 professors and a former employer
Motivational statement is prime

The bad:
I have been arrested twice for underage possession of alcohol over 2 1/2 years ago :eek:

good luck to all!!

comawhite

missed getting my stuff in for jan

27 M
Supply, intel, infowar

OAR 63

2.83 in Biology from Carson Newman College

Worked numerous government contracts
Tons of experience in the food service industry.
LoR from at least 4 previous and current employers.

the bad: suck at writing "about me" and "motivational statements"

s_ton

My OR called and told me he couldn't submit my application by the deadline for Jan. He said, if there's a February board then I will be in it.

25M NFO/SWO
GPA: 3.35, BS Biology, George Mason University
ASTB: 60 7/7/7

Employment: Retail (As manager, other leadership positions, and sales involving clienteling)

Clubs/Sports: Church Small Group, Various cycling and running clubs. A bunch of HS and college clubs. (Math Team, Science Club, Electronics/Engineering Club, Pre-dental club, and some church fellowship stuff, etc)

Volunteer: Relief work with Hurricane Katrina and volunteered at a free dental clinic.

The Bad: I have 5 F's on my transcript (bad semester). Luckily, my grades are otherwise very good. I also have 2 speeding tickets.

I wanted to be a Dentist in HS and college. But after tons of volunteering and studying for the DATs. I learnt that I do not want to be working with teeth... I considered medical school as a second choice, but the Navy has always been my childhood dream. So I'm just going for it and pursuing it. Good luck everyone!

blarged

ready
GPA: 3.35, BS Biology, George Mason University

The Bad: I have 5 F's on my transcript (bad semester). Luckily, my grades are otherwise very good.

Impressive GPA for having 5 F's! You must've really kicked butt in all your other classes. Good luck in February!

JSC87

Hey Guys,
I'm putting my package together for the february boards. Applying for SNA only. Here's my stats:

GPA- 3.35 Health Sciences (pre-med) from JMU
ASTB- 8/8/8/63
LORs- CG 0-9 (ret.), Navy 0-5 pilot (ret), Army 0-6(ret), Navy (0-1) curently in API, and former boss/professor in College

Worked 3 jobs in college, played several varsity sports in HS and was captain of one of the teams. Was in the Civil Air Patrol in HS and received the Billy Mitchell Award. Am a certified EMT in Virginia.

The Bad- A speeding ticket a few years ago and a ticket for a fender bender last summer.

Good luck on to everyone on the boards!

GlennH

Well, just heard from my recruiter today and she told me I was disqualified for "history of retained hardware" (I had a plate in my left hand for a year and then I got it removed in June so I don't even have any kind of metal in my body). My recruiter said she's never even heard of that before (WTF!). Hopefully I can get it waived (my hand is completely functional by any standard) but I wont be on this board because my recruiter wont let me submit my package until I get a physical. Figures the guy who starts the thread wont even be on this board, but who would of guessed meps would have a problem with metal being TAKEN OUT of your body.

Good luck everyone, hopefully you'll be my upperclassmen in Newport in the not too distant future.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Well, just heard from my recruiter today and she told me I was disqualified for "history of retained hardware" (I had a plate in my left hand for a year and then I got it removed in June so I don't even have any kind of metal in my body). My recruiter said she's never even heard of that before (WTF!). Hopefully I can get it waived (my hand is completely functional by any standard) but I wont be on this board because my recruiter wont let me submit my package until I get a physical. Figures the guy who starts the thread wont even be on this board, but who would of guessed meps would have a problem with metal being TAKEN OUT of your body.

Good luck everyone, hopefully you'll be my upperclassmen in Newport in the not too distant future.

I had a similiar situation happen to me when I went through MEPS awhile ago. I had surgery on my left hip during high school and had 3 10" pins placed to fuse the ball into the socket, in laymens terms. I had the pins removed and my doctor write a letter stating that I was fine and there were no adverse effects even after a year of observation. MEPS DQ'd me at first and then my OR headed up the process to get me a waiver and I was granted one so I could go in to be seen by MEPS. Keep fighting man. Everyone has gone through it at some point during the process.

rhinoh82

Hello to all, trying to put a package together for the February Boards, but might have to wait until the March boards. Just in case, here's my stats.

Prior Enlisted: 5 yrs. Active Duty (USMC, SGT, E-5)
Rifle Qual: Expert
Awards: Meritorious Mast, LOA
ASTB: 5,6,6 45
ASVAB: 79
BS Electronic Systems, SIU
GPA 3.2
LOR's: Navy Capt., Navy CDR, USMC E-9 (Master Guns)
Applying: SNA

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
First off, best of luck to all you guys. Here's my stats

ASTB/OAR: 7/7/7 64
GPA: 2.74 (One more semester to go)
Major: Mathematics
LOR's: 2 0-6's, 1 Retired Chief, Previous Employer (all good)
Extra-curriculars: President of Math club, workouts, jobs, wife and son (definitely extra-curricular!)
Motivational Statement was outstanding, but really whose isn't?
Police Record is squeaky clean

Eager to find out one way or the other. Time to hurry up and wait. Again, best of luck to you all.

SeaBoundRhino

I thought this was America
pilot
I should be submitting my application in the next few days:

Applying for BDCP Pilot

ASTB: 6/6/7 57
Major: Aerospace Engineering/ Astrophysics
GPA: 3.0

In the mean time I have just been working out a lot as I am training for another triathlon this summer (half-ironman)

This site has been a great source of information and help, and I want to thank everyone who contributes.

CCAM

Hi everyone, just submitted my package today for the Feb Boards.

25M SNA only
ASTB/OAR 7/7/7 61
College: UNC-Chapel Hill, 3.1 GPA
Major: Journalism and Mass Communication
Minor: Spanish
LOR's: 1 O-6, 3 former employers, US Congressman
Sports: D-1 Rugby, high school soccer 4A state champion, high school lacrosse
Extracurricular: Eagle Scout, president of UNC Boxing Club, Habitat for Humanity Team Leader
PRT: Outstanding Low

Best of luck to everyone!