• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

exNavyOffRec

I just have minor astigmatism, corrects to 20/20 easily with glasses. Had just had a vision appointment a few months prior so I sent it all in and got the waiver approved in like 3 days.
The board doesn't see anything medical, no need to be concerned about that when it comes to getting a Pro Y.

sortiz

Posted in the last thread, but some timing stuff means I didn't actually get my packet in for NOV. Conveniently, this guarantees I can make it to a couple friends Birthdays.
Stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.04 with a BS in Industrial and Systems Engineering
Oar: 68
No LORs

Only other thing I can think of is I did end up needing a vision waiver.
That’s an awesome OAR score!

sortiz

Thanks, testing has always been my strong suit. I was also fresh out of engineering when I took it, so had a lot of the material fresh in my mind.
That’s awesome! It had been a few years since I last did any sort of schooling, let alone math. Took the test on my birthday hoping for some extra luck, and it didn’t turn out that way. Hoping my package as a whole speaks well enough about my qualities as a candidate. Let’s see! My recruiter said he doesn’t anticipate hearing anything before May, and then said “you’ll hear before I do” which I am not really sure how that’ll happen?

MarthMain

That’s awesome! It had been a few years since I last did any sort of schooling, let alone math. Took the test on my birthday hoping for some extra luck, and it didn’t turn out that way. Hoping my package as a whole speaks well enough about my qualities as a candidate. Let’s see! My recruiter said he doesn’t anticipate hearing anything before May, and then said “you’ll hear before I do” which I am not really sure how that’ll happen?
Huh, May seems a bit far out, I'm pretty sure the Nov board people heard back in about a month from the convene date. At the very least I hope it doesn't take that long, it's like the stress of applying to Colleges all over again, but we aren't given a decision deadline to look forward to. Also, I'm sure your 3.9 GPA will help out even if you didn't get the OAR you wanted.

sortiz

Huh, May seems a bit far out, I'm pretty sure the Nov board people heard back in about a month from the convene date. At the very least I hope it doesn't take that long, it's like the stress of applying to Colleges all over again, but we aren't given a decision deadline to look forward to. Also, I'm sure your 3.9 GPA will help out even if you didn't get the OAR you wanted.
Thank you, I sure hope so. I’m projecting sometime mid April, fingers crossed.

exNavyOffRec

4 weeks is normal, if a recruiter is saying not to expect results until May that indicates they are being submitted for the April board instead of the February board.

sortiz

4 weeks is normal, if a recruiter is saying not to expect results until May that indicates they are being submitted for the April board instead of the February board.

It would be pretty awful if my recruiter is telling me he’s submitting me for the February board and rushed to get everything together for the Jan 3rd deadline, just to not disclose he will be submitting me for a different board.

gilbertboys

hey guys what day EXACTLY is the board?

Only contacted my recruiter for the first time on Dec 12 and he hasnt gotten back to me as he apparently is on leave from DEC17 to JAN2. I am willing to take the OAR at the soonest possible notice, my letters of rec are ready and I can spin up a personal statement in a day flat.

Is it possible that be able to stand for the Feb board?

OmgItzARC

Only contacted my recruiter for the first time on Dec 12 and he hasnt gotten back to me as he apparently is on leave from DEC17 to JAN2. I am willing to take the OAR at the soonest possible notice, my letters of rec are ready and I can spin up a personal statement in a day flat.

Hey brother. NRC needs everything on 3 Jan with a board date of 14 February. I think it’s a little late in the game to get in on this board.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

You are not gonna make this board