• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

USAF_WX2USN

NOR, any final word on how many we're selected for each designator and how many applicants?

Also, good luck to those who got rolled over to the supplementary board next board. I'm glad they are having one and not saying SOL to the kits that got lost.

Beefalo

I received a message that I was TNPQ or temporarily not physically qualified. Forgot to send in my PRK paperwork. Figured since I got it done through the Navy they wouldnt need it but went over to medical and they printed out my pre op and post op records so I could send it in.

Only thing that has me worried is technically I am outside the vision requirements of commissioning since my refraction was -8.50 (max is -8.00) prior to surgery. I see 20/20 now. When I enlisted I was under -8.00. When I got my NAMI whammy for the same issue the doc said I could probably get a waiver for something non-aviation but he works for NAMI and not N3M.

Steve Finch

I received a message that I was TNPQ or temporarily not physically qualified. Forgot to send in my PRK paperwork. Figured since I got it done through the Navy they wouldnt need it but went over to medical and they printed out my pre op and post op records so I could send it in.

Only thing that has me worried is technically I am outside the vision requirements of commissioning since my refraction was -8.50 (max is -8.00) prior to surgery. I see 20/20 now. When I enlisted I was under -8.00. When I got my NAMI whammy for the same issue the doc said I could probably get a waiver for something non-aviation but he works for NAMI and not N3M.
Just curious, where are you getting these messages from? From your BOL account or are the OCS processors emailing you?

Beefalo

They emailed me. It states on BOL for any medical issues the OCS accessions people will contact you directly.

exNavyOffRec

You *might* be ok, since you were under when you joined, hopefully they can get you a positive answer soon.

dres14

how long ago did you have your PRK? I did not see anything on the physical that indicates having to send PRK information

Beefalo

I had mine two years ago. The history of medical questionaire asked have you had corrective eye surgery i.e. PRK, LASIK, etc. The fleet processor asked me to send in my pre and post op paperwork last week. It does not state you h ave to send in any paperwork I only did because the fleet processor told me to. Not sure why you rated my post "dumb" I posted all accurate gouge based on my personal experiences....

exNavyOffRec

I had mine two years ago. The history of medical questionaire asked have you had corrective eye surgery i.e. PRK, LASIK, etc. The fleet processor asked me to send in my pre and post op paperwork last week. It does not state you h ave to send in any paperwork I only did because the fleet processor told me to. Not sure why you rated my post "dumb" I posted all accurate gouge based on my personal experiences....

I would be willing to be he hit the "dumb" button while trying to hit "reply"

Steve Finch

NavyOffRec,

For AD Navy folks, how much notice is required when we are told a class date? Example, could they tell my command that I need to report to OCS in two weeks?

Beefalo

On your CO endorsement you are suppposed to put the date you are available for OCS. What did you put? I put mine as my PRD since it wasnt too far out and it wouldnt hurt my command. Saw another applicant's package and it said soon as possible. Plus it gives me time to get physically fit for OCS lol instead of just passing the PRT with a "Good".

dres14

Beefalo, i apologize did not realize i did that. I am also going through the same thing but i have to resubmit my 2808 i had my prk 6 years ago