• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
How do they decide which packets do and do not go? Is it the order in which they are received, or is there some initial evaluation of certain criteria so that the board only reviews stronger candidates?

exNavyOffRec

How do they decide which packets do and do not go? Is it the order in which they are received, or is there some initial evaluation of certain criteria so that the board only reviews stronger candidates?
When this happened before it was just who got there first.

NavyIntel

This was the first IDC board that EVERY single package was supposed to be looked at. That is the standard now, all package will get a fair look. Previous boards that wasn't the case.

exNavyOffRec

This was the first IDC board that EVERY single package was supposed to be looked at. That is the standard now, all package will get a fair look. Previous boards that wasn't the case.
You must mean of those sent to board, if they get to NRC but time doesn't allow for processing the board will never know it exist.

If they get to board they should be looked at by the board, however the IDC board did push aside all "Intel only submissions" once, but I think they tend to look for overall good candidates no matter what the designator listed.

Batou365

So update. . .

Only one person who isn't AD has been notified between here and on the OCS fourm

According to my OR there was a list sent out to the reciters with the explicit instructions to *not* notify the applicants because it isn't final.

No update as to when we might find out.

but here are the AD people who have found out yes and their stats I have chosen to exclude the one NP because who knows what is really going on

Beefalo 2.9 42 AD m intel
MK91 3.05 71 intel
nelson 3.7 48 P prec swo
awturbo 3.75 64 AD intel

Sumit 3.88 54 AD IW/supply
mike_navy 3.94 50 ad m Intel
navyintel 3.94 50 AD m intel
dres14 ad
matt smith SWO-Intel
xia xia supply

Just spoke with my OR. He said I was definitely seen at the Intel board and that I should hear from him once this issue is resolved. Also no update as to when I might find out but he mentioned I could hear from him as soon as Tuesday.

USAF_WX2USN

Just spoke with my OR. He said I was definitely seen at the Intel board and that I should hear from him once this issue is resolved. Also no update as to when I might find out but he mentioned I could hear from him as soon as Tuesday.

Thanks for the update. I know I made it to the board too. Looks like we will be waiting for the long weekend an hoping to hear Tuesday.

Beefalo

I went into work today and my command didnt know anything about my results and kind of just looked at me dumb. According to BOL commands are only notified once a final select letter is generated. The PROREC is pretty much a shoe in for active duty though since we do pre-commissioning physicals?

NavyOffRec I know I asked you this before just cant find the thread but will my other two designators be looked at? AMDO board convened and SWO convenes in March. How do you go about choosing which designator if PROREC for more than one? Im just worried something might happen to my IW selection if they overshot the numbers or something.

Navycop1657

Hello everyone, first and foremost I’d like to thank everyone for their contributions to this site it is very informative and probably the single largest resource I used when compiling my package. I was PRO-REC’d for Intel. Stats
28 y/o, AD 9 years, MA2(AW)
B.S. Comp. Sci. 3.7
M.S. Accounting 4.0 (In Progress)
56 OAR
EP, EP, MP
2 NAM’s, 1 FLOC
LOR’s (O-4, O-1, Professor)
Interviews (Intel, SWO, Security) all O-3’s and 10’s with good write ups.
Some leadership experience, volunteer work, collateral duties, ect.
I have a couple questions regarding the process from here. Provided no problem is encountered with the clearance or medical, is it safe to assume if you are PRE-REC’d you will be selected? Also, I currently have a TS clearance which is due for a reinvestigation in April. The security manager had me complete EQIP in November, but the reinvestigation has not been completed yet. I didn’t include any security clearance paperwork in my OCS package, so do I need to do anything further on the clearance side since it is a TS and not TS/SCI? Lastly, should I be doing anything else at this point or just waiting? Thanks in advance for any clarification and again for everyone’s contributions. Congratulations to everyone PRO-REC’d and good luck to future applications.

USAF_WX2USN

Hello everyone, first and foremost I’d like to thank everyone for their contributions to this site it is very informative and probably the single largest resource I used when compiling my package. I was PRO-REC’d for Intel. Stats
B.S. Comp. Sci. 3.7
56 OAR
EP, EP, MP
2 NAM’s, 1 FLOC
I have a couple questions regarding the process from here. Provided no problem is encountered with the clearance or medical, is it safe to assume if you are PRE-REC’d you will be selected? Also, I currently have a TS clearance which is due for a reinvestigation in April. The security manager had me complete EQIP in November, but the reinvestigation has not been completed yet. I didn’t include any security clearance paperwork in my OCS package, so do I need to do anything further on the clearance side since it is a TS and not TS/SCI? Lastly, should I be doing anything else at this point or just waiting? Thanks in advance for any clarification and again for everyone’s contributions. Congratulations to everyone PRO-REC’d and good luck to future applications.

Congrats! I personally wouldn't let your clearance lapse, as they would cause issue at your current job (assuming) and there is a chance that you would be going to OCS after April.

USAF_WX2USN

An update for those 80+ packets that did not make it to the Feb 04 Intel board. Seems like there will be another Intel board next month. No specifics on the other IDC designators though...

http://recruitingcommand.com/texasnavy/2013/02/16/intel-update/

Thanks for the info!!!! I believe the term "Intel board" is in reference to the whole IDC. Glad this clears everything up! Well, hopefully my recruiter will tell me on Tuesday now what the deal is.

LET73

B.S. Comp. Sci. 3.7
56 OAR
EP, EP, MP
2 NAM’s, 1 FLOC
Congrats! As far as I know you should be good with the pro rec, assuming no issues with medical/PFA. I'm not sure what you mean about the clearance. You will need SCI to be an intel weenie, so just make sure you are talking with your SSO and getting all the requisite paperwork done.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the info!!!! I believe the term "Intel board" is in reference to the whole IDC. Glad this clears everything up! Well, hopefully my recruiter will tell me on Tuesday now what the deal is.

Generally those inside NRC Intel refers specifically to Intel, if the board selected by the formula that NRC provided they would have filled up most spots for everything but Intel itself, but they could pick alternates out of the 80 just in case.

I would venture either they didn't get loaded onto the CD or the NRC processor forgot to push them on, and this has happened before, it was the NRC processor issue, they were submitted on time, but the processor didn't look at them, but instead of holding another board they pro X'd everyone.