• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

USAF_WX2USN

I feel for the street guys. First time in history AD found out first. ERIN you are worse than me... lol

Hey with the name dropping ;) ugh I just wanna know. Although I'm in the street category, I'm still in the military and have plans upcoming. It would be good to know. And it sucks I will be last.

exNavyOffRec

Ok. So it is finally at Denver? Good chance someone will call me tomorrow? The past two days I've called they said they have nothing and there are issues.

I doubt NRD Denver doesn't have it, when it is sent to the NRD's it goes to the CO/XO/OPS/CR/OACR then they distribute it out to the processors and the OR's

USAF_WX2USN

I doubt NRD Denver doesn't have it, when it is sent to the NRD's it goes to the CO/XO/OPS/CR/OACR then they distribute it out to the processors and the OR's

Thanks Chief, hopefully I'll hear tomorrow. Thanks again for all your insight. You're an invaluable tool around here for all of us.

exNavyOffRec

I feel for the street guys. First time in history AD found out first. ERIN you are worse than me... lol

It was distributed before it was on BOL, but in the case with IDC there is a MUCH higher percentage of AD selected, and it seems there is a much higher number of AD on here than civilian so I am not surprised at the number of AD here saying they are selected. It doesn't help that some OR's aren't the best at notifying people.

Beefalo

I just accessed BOL Online through my Google Nexus tablet just had to reset the password lol.

I believe I have been selected?

Status says "Y,,,," not sure what the",,,,," means? Guess I will find out tomorrow when I go to work...Should I ask surprised if CO tells me I am a select? All my enlisted advancements always found out through my COC first this is quite different.

Tenzo82

I just accessed BOL Online through my Google Nexus tablet just had to reset the password lol.

I believe I have been selected?

Status says "Y,,,," not sure what the",,,,," means? Guess I will find out tomorrow when I go to work...Should I ask surprised if CO tells me I am a select? All my enlisted advancements always found out through my COC first this is quite different.
Congrats! You are selected.

Beefalo

Awesome! Very excited. Now I really need to up the PT. Didnt know if I had a good shot since I had a non-technical degree and a 2.9 GPA for Info Warfare 1810. I had very strong evals and interviews so that must have been it.

I also applied for AMDO and SWO which AMDO results should hopefully be out soon and SWO board is next month. Will my package still go to those communities and if I get pro rec can I choose which field?

It will be a very interesting day at work tomorrow!

Stats if anyone is interested:

Eight years in ET1(SW/AW) Also MTS qualified
42 OAR
2.9 GPA BA Sociology and AAS Electronics
Ranked e6 EP, Frocked e6 EP, Ranked e5 EP, Transfer e5 EP, e5 #1 MP, e5 Frocked EP
Dept Instructor of the Year, Dept Sailor of the Year (out of 50 or so First Classes)
1 NAM, 2 FLOCS
All 10 on interviews from two 05 and 06
Strong CO endorsement. I wrote it. CO didnt change a thing.

I went from a frocked EP ET1 straight to a periodic EP (DEPT IOY,DEPT SOY) ranked against 50 First Classes so I believe this helped me alot along with getting good ranked evals my whole career. I believe my undergrad,GPA, OAR, awards, etc. are on the low end for IDC but luckily for me they look at the whole person package and my evals, interviews, and CO endorsement kicked ass (in my opinion).

afwx

Booyahkah
Awesome! Very excited. Now I really need to up the PT. Didnt know if I had a good shot since I had a non-technical degree and a 2.9 GPA for Info Warfare 1810. I had very strong evals and interviews so that must have been it.

I also applied for AMDO and SWO which AMDO results should hopefully be out soon and SWO board is next month. Will my package still go to those communities and if I get pro rec can I choose which field?

It will be a very interesting day at work tomorrow!

Stats if anyone is interested:

Eight years in ET1(SW/AW) Also MTS qualified
42 OAR
2.9 GPA BA Sociology and AAS Electronics
Ranked e6 EP, Frocked e6 EP, Ranked e5 EP, Transfer e5 EP, e5 #1 MP, e5 Frocked EP
Dept Instructor of the Year, Dept Sailor of the Year (out of 50 or so First Classes)
1 NAM, 2 FLOCS
All 10 on interviews from two 05 and 06
Strong CO endorsement. I wrote it. CO didnt change a thing.

I went from a frocked EP ET1 straight to a periodic EP (DEPT IOY,DEPT SOY) ranked against 50 First Classes so I believe this helped me alot along with getting good ranked evals my whole career. I believe my undergrad,GPA, OAR, awards, etc. are on the low end for IDC but luckily for me they look at the whole person package and my evals, interviews, and CO endorsement kicked ass (in my opinion).

I wouldn't count on your package going to the other boards. I got picked up for SWO in December and was supposed to meet these boards too. I found out today that my package was pulled from the IDC boards, at the last minute, because they had so many applicants and I had already been selected for another designator. After that conversation I received my final select letter for July.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
I've been living vicariously through this thread as I look toward the October IDC board (just got started on my packet in January). Any stats out there on how many slots were filled for FY13 and 14, and what sort of applicants got picked up in addition to those posting above? Looking for an early read on the level of competition for this fall, assuming the sequester doesn't come along and blow the whole thing out of the water...

alf34

Just found out I was selected for IW!! :)

As an introduction, I've included some of my stats below:

OAR 50
LORs: college professor, 2 college coaches, 1 former employer
University of Akron: 3.8 GPA
Graduated from the Honor's College
BS in Applied Math, minor in Psychology
4 year letterman on the university's softball team
Academic All-American and All Region selection
Member of the team's leadership board all four years
Volunteer high school softball coach

Assuming nothing comes up at MEPS or with my security clearance, my recruiter told me to expect to attend OCS sometime during the summer months.