• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FBI going to start cracking down on phonies

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Veteran Imposters

http://www.yahoo.com/s/332474

It's seems like if you were so desperate for attention as to impersonate a veteran you'd make your story a little believable...8 Purple Hearts?

These people can't really think they'll get away with this?

usmcecho4

pilot
The fact that this guy got away with it for so long might inspire people to take liberties:
edwardsbig.jpg

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Even in my extremely limited experience, the Marine Corps has proven to be a remarkably small place. If these numb-nuts are speaking at ceremonies with those types of decorations I would think that they are being found at an expidited pace. These imposters cannot possibly stand up to the most cursory inquiries as to where they've served or why they were awarded those decorations.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
DocT said:
My bad...lock 'er up Mods.

Yeah, but before it's locked...wasn't that guy a Navy Doc or dentist or something? Kind of odd for a Navy doc to have a DFC...

MarineAir

Future Naval Aviator
Anyone notice the Major and Lt. Col ranks on his collar points? Also the Lt. Col rank on his shoulders? I'm not yet in the Corps but I also wonder how he got away with it for so long

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
MarineAir said:
Anyone notice the Major and Lt. Col ranks on his collar points? Also the Lt. Col rank on his shoulders? I'm not yet in the Corps but I also wonder how he got away with it for so long

Well in the picture above he's got Colonel rank on his right collar and his left shoulder. Not sure what the insignia is on his left collar, maybe something like the Navy restricted line types wear.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
MarineAir said:
Those are eagles on his shoulders. CAPT in the USN, and COL. in the USMC, ARMY, or USAF. If I recall he is a Navy medical officer, and they wear the USMC uniform while attached to the USMC.

Medical types (nurses, docs, dentists, etc.) have a specialty symbol on their left collar (or sleeve in service dress blue...for your review.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
MarineAir said:

Those are Captain birds on his shoulders and collar, the left collar has a medical branch device. As stated, he was a Navy doc. Doc's attached to Marine units sometimes wear Marine uniforms.

B

Blutonski816

MarineAir said:

The Man in the photo in question was a CAPT Roger Edwards who was made an Honorary Marine in 2002. He was a USN Captain, therefore the Eagles on his collar and Shoulder (Which is Actually Col in the other services).
the "Major" rank is actually the collar device for a Navy Doctor.

Here's an article from 2002 when he became an honorary Marine
and here
is the article when the caught him for fraudulently wearing a number of decorations.

Kycntryboy

pilot
http://sec-global.com/services/ctp/vsg/list.html Here's a list of fake people pretending to be seals *note all the law enforcement officers* I love the picture on the bottom

http://sec-global.com/services/ctp/vsg/relics/ye-olde-hall-o-shame.html their original? list --this list has claims made by the imposters pretty funny... one says (example)
Hall of Shame said:
"Name of person (don't want to post) last Known Location: Seymour, MO., USA. Claims: Watched his Swim Buddy killed by a shark during training and kicked out of the Teams for "getting his C.O.'s daughter in trouble"
lol, its always Penny Benjamin lol