• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Falling out of the System"

acwildcat

pilot
As all you guys who are in BDCP know, we get paid on the 1st and 15th and should that day fall on a weekend we are supposed to get paid the Friday prior. I have not been paid since October 15th and when I called last week I was told that I had "fallen out of the system" they did not know how that happened and told me if I hadn't been paid by Tuesday that I should call again. My question is: has anything like this happened to you or have you ever heard of this happening to anyone? This is really irritating to me because I have bills to pay and no income. I just don't understand how something like this can happen. Thanks for your input.

Cleonard19

Contributor
Welcome to the military pay system. Things like this happen, and they can be really slow to fix things if you don't keep on them. Its your pay, and you need to be on them about it. Give it till tuesday, then if its not fixed, call them back.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Document the missed payments. Print bank records if necessary. It'll probably fix itself and you'll get a nice fat retro check, but in the event that doesn't happen you'll want to CYA.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
At least you will have a nice backpay check. I just recently received a pay check with $0 because they had been overpaying me and I didn't notice it, so they took it all back in one chunk!! Surprise!! Moral of the story: keep track of your pay!!!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At least you will have a nice backpay check. I just recently received a pay check with $0 because they had been overpaying me and I didn't notice it, so they took it all back in one chunk!! Surprise!! Moral of the story: keep track of your pay!!!

Ain't that the truth! One thing I learned (and people that worked for me as well) was pay folks seem almost lethargic at times scratching their heads when they owe you, but if you're overpaid, they swiftly get it all back at once, BUT I found you can work with them with payback scheme if you catch it early enough.

Many sailors (and a few O's) live paycheck to paycheck with little to no reserves other than credit cards (if there's much left against the limit) so once you make progression through Branch - Division - Department Head, these issues will be yours to help fix.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor

Ain't that the truth! One thing I learned (and people that worked for me as well) was pay folks seem almost lethargic at times scratching their heads when they owe you, but if you're overpaid, they swiftly get it all back at once, BUT I found you can work with them with payback scheme if you catch it early enough.

Many sailors (and a few O's) live paycheck to paycheck with little to no reserves other than credit cards (if there's much left against the limit) so once you make progression through Branch - Division - Department Head, these issues will be yours to help fix.
I know they move much quicker when it's their pay, :eek: we had a DK2 that was owed some money and it was in his next pay chaeck. I guess they are always looking out for #1.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know they move much quicker when it's their pay, :eek: we had a DK2 that was owed some money and it was in his next pay chaeck. I guess they are always looking out for #1.

We had a DK2 from the PI who got audited because someone noted an unusual amount of Advanced Pay activity in our unit accounts. When he was summoned to bring all the accounts (when they were a box of paper LES files with handwritten notations) for review, he disappeared.

Then we got a call from State Police that they had a member of our command on the Cheasapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel trying to kill himself. He had "the box" of entire squadron pay accounts in his trunk and was on his way north out of Norfolk when he got a flat tire on the bridge. He left the car (a new tricked out Firebird) and was trying to find a ride so Bridge folks called the Troopers.

The State Trooper who investigated noticed he was highly agitated and suspicious that he would abandon such a nice vehicle so he decided to search the car. He was prior service so when he saw the pay box, he knew exactly what he was looking at so started questioning him as to why he would have that in his possession. Apparently the DK2 made some kind of attempt to go for the rail, but Trooper restrained him at that point.

So the disbursing office decided to check all "the boxes" and found a little ring of loan-sharking going on (using Advanced Pay as vehicle) and DKs taking boxes to quarters (supervisors thought they were so diligent to put in extra time) where they set up shop. So yes, DKs do take care of themselves.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
I was severely shorted on my pay, the day before I was supposed to go on leave. It was a Friday and our DK was getting ready to leave early and told me to see him on Monday. It is amazing how fast errors can be corrected when you put the DK's RX-7 up on a big Hyster forklift and threaten to drop it. He complained to the XO, but the XO was shorted too. Not too much sympathy there.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was severely shorted on my pay, the day before I was supposed to go on leave. It was a Friday and our DK was getting ready to leave early and told me to see him on Monday. It is amazing how fast errors can be corrected when you put the DK's RX-7 up on a big Hyster forklift and threaten to drop it. He complained to the XO, but the XO was shorted too. Not too much sympathy there.

I like it! +1

srqwho

pilot
As all you guys who are in BDCP know, we get paid on the 1st and 15th and should that day fall on a weekend we are supposed to get paid the Friday prior. I have not been paid since October 15th and when I called last week I was told that I had "fallen out of the system" they did not know how that happened and told me if I hadn't been paid by Tuesday that I should call again. My question is: has anything like this happened to you or have you ever heard of this happening to anyone? This is really irritating to me because I have bills to pay and no income. I just don't understand how something like this can happen. Thanks for your input.

This kind of stuff happens. I've been getting the wrong BAH since May, and finally it looks like this next pay period I will get back payed what I was owed, which is a beautiful thing. It takes time, but stay on top of it... I had to sign my Page 2 on 3 different occasions to update my info before it was fixed.

Are you able to check out your LES on mypay as a BDCP'er? Mypay access was definitely worth beating I received when I had to head into DI country to ask for the login info.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

This is an amazing idea. I'm putting this in my bag of tricks for dealing with PSD/Admin/StuCon from now on.

nugget81

pilot
Are you able to check out your LES on mypay as a BDCP'er?

Yes, you have access to mypay while in BDCP. You can check your upcoming LES on the 7th and 23rd (or so) each month to see what your next paycheck will be. If there is an error, checking it early can give you some time to get it fixed, and if nothing else, time to prepare for a smaller paycheck.

acwildcat

pilot
Ok thanks guys I guess I will just keep on them until i get my money. On the subject of MyPay, my OR didnt give me any info about login stuff and I don't have a DOD email address so how do I log into mypay?

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Ok thanks guys I guess I will just keep on them until i get my money. On the subject of MyPay, my OR didnt give me any info about login stuff and I don't have a DOD email address so how do I log into mypay?

Go to the MyPay site and try to log in with your SSN. It will say that you need to set up a new pin or reset your pin or something. Fax over what they ask for (IIRC it's your military ID, name, signature, and a couple other things) and you'll get yourself a pin and be able to log in shortly.

At least, that's how I did it.

Also, we must have met before dude. Have you been to one of the AZ meetings yet? I'm the guy that sends out the emails about meetings every month.

acwildcat

pilot
Go to the MyPay site and try to log in with your SSN. It will say that you need to set up a new pin or reset your pin or something. Fax over what they ask for (IIRC it's your military ID, name, signature, and a couple other things) and you'll get yourself a pin and be able to log in shortly.

At least, that's how I did it.

Also, we must have met before dude. Have you been to one of the AZ meetings yet? I'm the guy that sends out the emails about meetings every month.

Ok thanks, umm I have never gotten an email about any meetings lol so no I dont think we have met.