• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Falant Test

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Does anyone know a civilian doctor/optometry in Southern California (specificially Los Angeles/ Orange County area) where they have the FALANT test?

Last week I scheduled an appointment at the Southern California College of Optometry eye care center since the receptionist told me that they had the FALANT test and I took the day off from work today to go take the test and drove all the way to Fullerton from LA only to find out that they didn't have the FALANT. What a complete waste of my time and my vacation day. I pretty much lost 15 dollars in gas money and 200 dollars I would've made at work. Don't you just love it when people suck at their job? anyway, thanks in advance for all your help.

Does anyone know a civilian doctor/optometry in Southern California (specificially Los Angeles/ Orange County area) where they have the FALANT test?

Last week I scheduled an appointment at the Southern California College of Optometry eye care center since the receptionist told me that they had the FALANT test and I took the day off from work today to go take the test and drove all the way to Fullerton from LA only to find out that they didn't have the FALANT. What a complete waste of my time and my vacation day. I pretty much lost 15 dollars in gas money and 200 dollars I would've made at work. Don't you just love it when people suck at their job? anyway, thanks in advance for all your help.

Just a suggestion.

#1 - when you call somewhere and ask them if they have the FALANT, ask them to tell you what it is. If they know what it is then they probably have it.

#2 - find an FBO that has instructors and ask them where they go, if nothing else they may recommend you to were they get their medicals done and that doctor may know.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Have you tried the Southern California School of Optometry in Fullerton? They probably have every kind of color vision test imaginable.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Bunk,

yea thats where I went and wasted my time. I found out that University of Southern California Doheny Eye Institute has it... I thought I'd make sure I can pass the test before MEPS but mind as well wait for it and if I fail it at MEPS, I'll try again at USC. Thanks guys.

Flathatter, are Air Force wings really made of lead? =)

Bunk,

yea thats where I went and wasted my time. I found out that University of Southern California Doheny Eye Institute has it... I thought I'd make sure I can pass the test before MEPS but mind as well wait for it and if I fail it at MEPS, I'll try again at USC. Thanks guys.

Flathatter, are Air Force wings really made of lead? =)

That is the rumor :icon_wink