• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Factors considered in granting age waivers

alphaape06

Dogs and Wannabe Dogs,
Does anyone know the factors that are considered in granting (or denying) age waivers to non priors? Has anyone been through this process recently? If so, please share your story. Thanks!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Needs of the Marine Corps.

Look at it this way: if you worked for a company as the hiring manager, what would make you want one person over another?

Yankee Uniform Tango
Age waivers for non-priors are still possible. If you have a 290+ PFT (300 is better) and a good reason(s) why you haven't applied way before your age cut-off, you might get one. YMMV as always though.

Jerry Curl

In my case, I was just told that I needed to be through OCS before age 29. I have four years prior service in the Navy, and turn 30 in January. OCC-R and OCC under a ground contract, it is possible to secure a waiver with prior service and a high PFT (in my case).

Found a thread in here about someone earning a competitive air contract at the age of 31, so the YMMV phrase certainly applies in this case. As I like to say, I see the fat lady, but she has not sang yet.

USMC_fmrNuke

I got an PLC-C air contract age waiver with six years prior in the Navy, but it was probably a fluke. I was so close to the limit that the OSO didn't realize it until after I had finished OCS and was awaiting commissioning (and somehow no one else did either). Put the paperwork in and got it, with heavy emphasis in the recommendations for the waiver lying on the fact that I had already finished OCS. I turned 28 in Jul 2012 and commissioned in Sep. Good luck!