• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FAA uncensored, whats your favorite procedure.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think many of us have seen arrivals and departures into airports with intersections based on a theme. Don't know if it is still active, but NPA used to have the Tradr arrival in honor of Trader Joe. For those that don't know, aviation intersections must be 5 letters and are frequently contractions for something that can be easily pronounced when giving a clearance. Phoenix has the SUNNS arrival honoring the hometown NBA team. Memphis and Nashville have some music themed arrivals and departures. My all time favorite is the CHSNE ONE Arrival for Nashville. Of course it is named after country music star Kenny Chesney. Arriving from the southwest you may fly three routes over the following intersections (no kidding) LOPPY, HUGHE, CHSNE, BAWLS or if you are "lucky" you may have assigned KISTS, CHSNE, BAWLS or even the country music sad HRTUN, CHSNE, BAWLS. To the northeast we find the intersection PINSE. There are several amusing instrument procedures out there. This is the most bawdy one I have seen. What are some of your favorites?

Attachments

• 00282CHSNE.pdf
    171.4 KB · Views: 32

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think many of us have seen arrivals and departures into airports with intersections based on a theme. Don't know if it is still active, but NPA used to have the Tradr arrival in honor of Trader Joe.
TRADR is still alive and well. Exceptionally funny when a new Blue Angel had trouble finding TRADR after getting cleared direct....long pause, "request radar vectors".

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah come on. Most of those are just procedure names or individual intersections. Look for the themes in the order they are flown. STL QBALL9: SCRCH, BREAK, SNOKR, FATSS, QBALL. PHX BUNTR2: SLIDER, PICHR, DBACK, HOMRR, BUNTR.

Good to hear TRADR has survived. DFW used to have an ILS approach with markers called NOLNN, RYAN, XPRESS. Alas, many don't even know what the Nolan Ryan Express was and that ILS procedure is long gone.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
INBRD is appropriately over lower Alabama...

My favorite intersection of all time. TRADR was a bitch in the T-6 primary types, because you could only get range to it out of NPA, not bearing (or was it reverse, can't remember) so it was a favorite of instructors to ding students on after take off to the west. One of the approaches into NPA had an EATNN TUNAA SNWCH (not sure of the exact lettering, but you get the gist). Near New Orleans good intersections are TOOTS and BUGLE.

This, however, is the best approach ever.
http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1309/00678R16.PDF

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Just looked, KSEA has the HAWKZ THREE with a point called KRIEG (former Seahawks QB) and the MARNR THREE with a point called GRIFY (for Ken Griffey Jr.). Pretty cool.