• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FAA gives tired controllers an extra hour to rest

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
The article makes LaHood sound like a real dick. Worse yet, a dick who's never stood any kind of watch. Or, rather, a dick who's never stood watch at night behind a scope in a room that's ass-crack dark.

Way to ignore an unignorable body of research about the natural, instinctual sleeping habits of our species in favor of the great call to arms "Not on MY watch!" Sleep is such a crutch and it's for wusses. I mean, it's not like humans are the ONLY animals on the planet that ignore their sleeping habits. Oh wait, we probably are.:banghead_

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I mean, it's not like humans are the ONLY animals on the planet that ignore their sleeping habits. Oh wait, we probably are.:banghead_
One more reason to be skeptical when anyone claims that we're smarter than the rest of the animal kingdom. More intelligent? Able to build cool stuff? Sure. But for every way we're unique, on some other level we're still just a bunch of dumb horny apes.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Way to ignore an unignorable body of research about the natural, instinctual sleeping habits of our species in favor of the great call to arms "Not on MY watch!" Sleep is such a crutch and it's for wusses.

Hmmm...why does this sound so SWOmiliar?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
What a bunch of bullshit. The 'controllers' (who actually 'control' nothing ... ) are finally getting 'outed' after giving the 'big iron' drivers so much shit over the years ...

Try Trans-Pacs, nancy-boy-'controllers' ... and usually on the back side of the clock. Try 'em day after day, week after week, month after month, --- do you see where this is going (?) -- year after year, etc., etc. ... and then shoot an approach to minimums 12 hours later.

One of the best things that could be done is to fire J. Randolph (you can call me 'Randy') Babbitt ... who is the president of his fan club, a bureaucratic climber, an ass-kisser, a loser ... and one who always was ...

jcj

I'm still laughing. Do you have to grease up those big old ears on your swelled head to fit into that "Big Iron" cockpit. Some of the JO s on this web site might believe the BS you are spewing out, but anyone with a hint of experience knows that you don't have the flick. I'm mean ... do you really talk like this in person, or are you just a big shot on the internet?...... Still laughing... not with you...just at you.

eating%25252Bpopcorn.gif

H60Gunner

Contributor
I'm still laughing. Do you have to grease up those big old ears on your swelled head to fit into that "Big Iron" cockpit. Some of the JO s on this web site might believe the BS you are spewing out, but anyone with a hint of experience knows that you don't have the flick. I'm mean ... do you really talk like this in person, or are you just a big shot on the internet?...... Still laughing... not with you...just at you.

This is going to be good. I WAS married to a Navy Air Traffic Controller for 13yrs. They are some of the most egotistical, narcissistic, swolled up headed people I know. Most Navy pilots I flew with in my 20yrs were not.

Roger Out.....

Ohhh just in case anyone was wondering... I really do talk like this in person.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Roger Out.....

Ohhh just in case anyone was wondering... I really do talk like this in person.

Really? You use radio talk in person? Honestly, that's incredibly annoying, even not in person. As they say,"It's a phone, not a radio," and you don't even really say "roger out" on the radio either.:icon_wink

jmcquate

Contributor
I read back everything that's said to me.......you know, to avoid mistakes. Also, my wife delivers clearance to me before I leave for work, "Glebe Rd direct to Chain Bridge ect......" makes life easier.