• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F/A 18-D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaceman Spiff

I saw some 2 seater super hornets at Lemoore Naval Air Station a month ago...don't know what squadron they are though.

Kris

O-man

First off, how is it that you saw the light when you went Navy? Errr. seriously though- I talked to an F-18D driver who was in the USMC, and he said that ours didt, and that he liked it that way. I dont know about you Navy guys though-

psu_midn

So the two seater is for the Devil Dogs!

I guess that does not leave the NFO that many jet options aside from the S-3...

psu_midn

Do I sense a little hostility...

Which, in your opinion is a finer aircraft. Out of all our fixed wing beasts?

Brooklyn

I wouldn't compare the Viking to the Hornet. If I had my pick for jets, I'd pick the Prowler, after the Hornet. With full respect to the S-3 community. You guys are doing it!! :D We're just talking about it. :(!

Brooklyn

Good question. I often wonder the same thing aside from I like the looks on that bird.

The Prowler has attack capabilities. More so than the S-3. You have your crew right there with you as well. The E-2 is a pretty sweet deal too. My friend took me in one and a few rides in the sim. Pretty cool!

I guess it's all a matter of which community, or lifestyle, you want to be a part of. Obviously, if you get a P-3, you won't be out on sea duty. Which is good if you've got a family. Lots of things to consider, but, it all comes down to the "needs of the Navy" anyway. If I join, I want it to be because I want to serve my country first. Then, I want to get paid to fly and wear green pajamas to work everyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.