• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35B/C Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
giphy.gif

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Well if an F-35 is going to fly in NAS it’s gonna need ADS-B right? Same for any .mil - radar IS going away for ATC use...

Python

pilot
Contributor
Well if an F-35 is going to fly in NAS it’s gonna need ADS-B right? Same for any .mil - radar IS going away for ATC use...

Many T/M/S do not have ADS-B and I’m not sure how long it will be until they get it. Im sure the FAA is aware of that too.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

NAVAIR is behind on some T/M/S integration, but not all. I think technically, since the Navy (and Marines) operate under PAO, they're not specifically beholden to having to have ADS-B Out, but obviously NAVAIR is striving to meet the 100% participation requirement. And let's be honest, terminal radars aren't going away.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
NAVAIR is behind on some T/M/S integration, but not all. I think technically, since the Navy (and Marines) operate under PAO, they're not specifically beholden to having to have ADS-B Out, but obviously NAVAIR is striving to meet the 100% participation requirement. And let's be honest, terminal radars aren't going away.

There's a lot of interest in the UAS world, especially if having it would enable us to fly in the NAS a bit easier than now. But having the ability to turn it off when needed is also necessary.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure about Growlers, but current Navy TacAir jets don’t have ADS-B.
I'm not smart enough on Mode 5 implementation, but it looks like it may be compatible with at least some ADS-B functionality. Some fleet jets are starting to get the Mode 5 boxes (we have one on det with us here in Nellis), so I imagine it will hit other communities at some point.