• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35B/C Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
147 (first Navy fleet transition squadron) is operating it out of Lemoore right now.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The article Flash referenced . . . .
My "huh?" was wondering what part of the boat performance are you curious about. Will cancelling the F-35 line still save the airplane? What will we do with the water hoses now? Will the F-35 guys still ask for the SINS cables that no one can find? Do I need a new special type of screwdriver tip for the ABs to lose just before ATG comes onboard?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
My "huh?" was wondering what part of the boat performance are you curious about. Will cancelling the F-35 line still save the airplane? What will we do with the water hoses now? Will the F-35 guys still ask for the SINS cables that no one can find? Do I need a new special type of screwdriver tip for the ABs to lose just before ATG comes onboard?
My buddy’s report from the Essex lets me know it’s the same as it ever was:

“I’ll never do another MEU. This shit is amateur.”

robav8r

None
Contributor
You're digging too deep Pags, I was just saying i'm "interested" in how it does. Nothing more, nothing less . . . .

Pags

N/A
pilot
You're digging too deep Pags, I was just saying i'm "interested" in how it does. Nothing more, nothing less . . . .
I'm guessing it will be surprisingly uninteresting. The jet has known performance and the squadron and ship have gone through workups. I'm sure there will be the standard LHD shenanigans around ordnance until it's been done a couple of times and other routine air plan silliness (my money is on a palm treed 53). But beyond that it comes down to people executing the brief and the enemy.

jmcquate

Contributor
Probably neither here nor there, but no F-35 at Oceana last weekend, but I did see one flying around Norfolk Friday afternoon.

Python

pilot
Contributor
News media and Navy CHINFO saying very first delivery of an F-35C to operational squadron happened today and is a significant milestone... maybe before these guys were flying borrowed test/evaluation aircraft ? @Python1287 ?

They’ve been flying those for months Granted not all had that paint job, but I’ve seen that paint job a while ago too.

Edit: I don’t actually know how long “a while ago” is. It may not have been that long ago.