• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35B arrives at Pax

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
I wouldn't call it "RAM" paint. RAM is typically associated with materials. The program office calls it lightweight low-observable paint (ie IR spectrum).

Side no. 22 was first to feature the new paint that was tested on several platforms including the AH-1W.

getAsset.aspx

Seems like that the LW LO paint paint, while LO in the IR spectrum, is a nightmare in the visual spectrum.... look at how that thing shines, you could get tally on it miles out!

HJ, any pics of AH-1W in the same paint scheme? :angel_125 :angel_125

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
They even have the same paint job.

Attachments

• yourfile.jpg
    yourfile.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 51
  • excalibur-spray-mist-fan.jpg
    excalibur-spray-mist-fan.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 57

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
All you slobbering little kids would fly that shit in a heartbeat had it won the contract ... and still would be blathering about how "sexy" it is ... :sleep_125:sleep_125:sleep_125

USMCFLYR

pilot
rumor mill is that the first winged pilots for the F35 (non-transition) are in the pool at MATSG-21 right now. :eek:

And I was suppose to be winged just in time for the first MV-22 squadron back in '93 :eek: I'll buy that timeline when I actually see it happen! Until then.....historically speaking.....we'll see.

USMCFLYR

ofsteelfire1

More pilot slots for the F-35 in 2012???

I'm still an officer candidate. I am set to get my degree in 2010, and my commission too. If I have done the math right, and all the appropriate hurdles are crossed, I will get my wings sometime late 2012, or early 2013. Because of the new jet, and the need for pilots to fly it, would there be more jet slots than usual in 2012 and 2013? Or is that impossible to tell?

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
I'm still an officer candidate. I am set to get my degree in 2010, and my commission too. If I have done the math right, and all the appropriate hurdles are crossed, I will get my wings sometime late 2012, or early 2013. Because of the new jet, and the need for pilots to fly it, would there be more jet slots than usual in 2012 and 2013? Or is that impossible to tell?

Sorry dude, I understand your concern at your future prospects, but I have to admit, I laughed - nay, giggled like a child - at your post. Brief use of the search function (try "what percent" for starters), will reveal the reason why. Stay at the absolute top of your game, whatever it is at the time, and you'll be doing all you can. Waste time worrying and you will be detracting from said game upon which you are supposed to remain atop.

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
Yea but it looks awesome from above. Very futuristic.

x-32A-01.jpg

Yeah... problem is the enemy will mainly see it from below like Ryan posted. However, I guess that it has the advantage that the dirka dirkas in Afghanistan won't be able to shoot RPG's at it when half are pointing with their fingers instead asking "WTF is THAT?!", and the other half are rolling on the ground laughing. :)