• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-18 for sale..... bids anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The bottom photo in the Mig-29 e-bay auction was taken at the Quincy, Illinois airport (UIN). There is a rich guy there that owns his own air force including two Mig-29s (I've seen them). He flies his war birds quite frequently.

rick21

I thought i'd post this web address. The site is under construction as of the posting of this reply but just wait a few days and check it out. When you go to the site click on civilian warbirds www.airwarbirds.com This company is called Air Capitol Warbirds and they are based in Wichita, Kansas. They actually have a civilian F/A-18 "which used to be a blue angel" that they have restored to flying condition. There are a few pictures of it during the reconstruction process and one picture of it after being completed. The last I heard is that the wanted 9 to 10 million for it depending on the equipment the customer wanted in the aircraft.They also have an F-16 which i've heard very little about since their last website was replaced with this new one, also they have a few ex navy TA-4J skyhawks and some other cool aircraft for sale.

SaiyanCivic

the government released 6 cobra's the civilian market. i remember seeing that in those rich car magazines, i forget which one though.

Davin

Bevo16

pilot
This is probably the plane that was on outside of the Museum in Pensacola. They got rid of it when "Navy 1" the S-3 that President Bush flew arrived. The plane had been in a minor mishap and could not be put back in flight status, so they gave it museum. I hope that whoever buys it does not plan on taking it up. It will never be anything but lawn candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.