• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-15 HUD engine Fire

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
This is a video we in the USAF fighter community use as an example of task misprioritization and poo wingmanship/CRM.

He screwed up, plain and simple. Focused on getting on the ground so much that he failed to set up for a safe landing. Wingman at any time could have said "airspeed".

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Hacker,
Did this guy get an end of tour MERITORIOUS SERVICE MEDAL like all other USAF O-3's get??? Or just a Commendation?

I bout fell over here in MGM when I saw O-4's with 2 or 3, thought they might have single handedly won OIF or something!

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Hacker,
I bout fell over here in MGM when I saw O-4's with 2 or 3, thought they might have single handedly won OIF or something!
That is bullcrap.....I know the guy who single handedly won OIF, and he did not even get an EOT NAM.....because he already got one for coordinating the Christmas Party.:D:D:D

For all the boat guys, I was continually thinking "what if this had happened in CVOA-4" or anywhere for that matter? Do you stay with it and try to divert? Do you ask for an emergency pull forward and bring the flaming bitch aboard? Good discussion points.
Fire out, bring aboard if they let you, and NATOPS says you can. Fire still going.....what CV CO is going to let a burning hunk of metal with 2K+ is JP-whatever aboard? Fly down the starboard side and punch out.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
It almost seemed like his no. 2 wouldn't power down, like it was stuck at a high power setting. Surely he looked at his airspeed on final. Was he keeping his airspeed up to suppress the flame as long as possible? Looked like he couldn't slow down at all.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Hacker,
Did this guy get an end of tour MERITORIOUS SERVICE MEDAL like all other USAF O-3's get??? Or just a Commendation?

#1 - He was a Guard guy IIRC, but how the f*ck would I know.

#2 - O-3s get AFCMs as "PCS Medals". O-4s+ get MSMs. I agree that it's a complete crock, and have commented as such in several threads here.