• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Eyesight

Hispeed

Alright, Sorry if I am being redundant but, I have been reading through all the stuff about eyesight and flying and I want to attempt to settle everything. I'm in Civil Air Patrol now and am going to get my PPL next year hopefully, I am planning on attending the Naval Academy and get a degree in Aeronautical Engineering. When I get out of the Academy I preferably want to fly the F/A-18 Super Hornet but would probably be OK with anything on a carrier. Flying is my entire life but my eyesight kind of sucks. It is a little under 20/200 uncorrected but 20/20 corrected with contacts. I just wanted to settle it, AM I SCREWED or is there still a chance in hell I could fly the Super Hornet. Thanks for any enlightenment!

P.S. I'm willing to do basically anything along the way if it'll get me in the cockpit of a Super Hornet just to throw that out there.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Use the search function. And no need to put !!! - I think it will mess up the search

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Alright, Sorry if I am being redundant but, I have been reading through all the stuff about eyesight and flying and I want to attempt to settle everything. I'm in Civil Air Patrol now and am going to get my PPL next year hopefully, I am planning on attending the Naval Academy and get a degree in Aeronautical Engineering. When I get out of the Academy I preferably want to fly the F/A-18 Super Hornet but would probably be OK with anything on a carrier. Flying is my entire life but my eyesight kind of sucks. It is a little under 20/200 uncorrected but 20/20 corrected with contacts. I just wanted to settle it, AM I SCREWED or is there still a chance in hell I could fly the Super Hornet. Thanks for any enlightenment!

P.S. I'm willing to do basically anything along the way if it'll get me in the cockpit of a Super Hornet just to throw that out there.

Haha, even perfect eyesight does not guarantees you will touch the F/A-18E.... Hell, you could be top gun in primary and if they dont have F/A-18s available, you are not going to get it..... I have seen a few with your attitude not make it far...

Immy

That's like the 3rd person I've seen/heard specify the Super Hornet. What's wrong with the Charlie?

Or, for that matter, anything with Navy painted on the side?

Obviously, as I'm sure people far, far more experienced than I will tell you, you probably should focus on getting into the Academy (if that's where you want to go), getting your eyes fixed, keeping your grades up, and doing some extra-curriculars, thereby allowing yourself to get a pilot slot. THEN, you can worry about airframe selection.