• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

vballindaytona

everybody. i need help. yesterday i had my consultation for prk, but i read 20/40 in each eye. this i thought passed, but my recruiter says the requirements are still 20/30. does anybody have actual paperwork, or is there a site where i can show him that the requirements are 20/40? thanks in advance.

jonathan

Jim

jonathan,

go to the NOMI website http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Nami/WaiverGuideTopics/exams.htm under the requirements for student naval aviator it lists that the requirements are 20/40. I know because I was in the same boat and found out that my eyes were better than I thought. I was first told I had 20/200 then 20/60 then 20/30?! Luckily, I ended up having 20/40 at MEPS and hopefully I'll have that in a flight physical. Good luck to you.

-jim

vballindaytona

sweet. good idea michael. ill give them a call. i see that your also a CFII. You had prk, did you check to make sure the FAA allows it in the Civilian world? just curious.

jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.