• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Eye exam at OCS for SNAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC-2-USN

primary...i hate FORMs
Hello all, first post!

I was selected to be a pilot about two years ago and just finished my engineering degree last week. I report to Navy OCS 10-July. i have been in the BDCP program for about two years and prior to that was an enlisted Marine for 4.5 years

When i went to MEPS over 2 years ago my vision was about 20/25 uncorrected but has gotten worse in the past 2 years with lack of sleep and 15 hours a day in front of a computer.

My question is how hard is it for SNAs to get past the "NAMI" in OCS? I have the correct depth and color percetion but eyesight is no longer perfect. My eye glass prescription is approx (-1.0 and -0.75) which i belive is about a 20/30-(negative) as my eye doctor put it when i told him 10/40 was the requirement

What do you guys think? what will be my options if pilot does not work out?

thanks in advance

Bryan

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
When I went through OCS in 2002, anybody whose vision worsened went from SNA to SNFO. However, it should be noted that that's the only redesignation they do nowadays, if they still do it. I would imagine they would give you SNFO because they already dumped all that BDCP money into you. Have fun at OCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.