• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Expeditionary Warfare School

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm about to start instructing this course :eek:, and what I was told was that you'll have to do the seminar or actually go to EWS. The days of getting the gouge are coming (came?) to an end.

I've read the above MARADMIN, too, but I think it's going to change.
I think that the seminar guys (the ones that run it, not jackasses like me) are pushing this. I was told that mailing in your tests like the old days would be by exception only, and even then only for forward deployed guys who are coming up on promotion.

I anticipate a fairly high passing percentage in the one I teach.:D

About that... let me know when you start :)

Malice 1

pilot
OK then.....

I guess I won't mess with it 'till I get winged. I'll try to find a seminar in the FRS and get it knocked out there. I took two parts of the EWS package while in the API pool, but I don't even remember what they were.

Back to CQ bounces and PS3 for me I guess... Thanks guys.

Malice 1

pilot
UPDATE:

Will someone be kind enough to help me get my head screwed on straight? I just looked at my Marine online "education record", and I found the following:
MCI COURSES COMPLETED
MCI COURSE MCI NAME COMPLETED DATE GRADE
8651ZZ WARFIGHTING 2006/07/31 A
MCI COURSE MCI NAME COMPLETED DATE GRADE
8652ZZ CCIM 2006/08/22 A

MCI COURSES ACTIVE
MCI COURSE MCI NAME MCI STATUS EFFECTIVE DATE GRADE
8650ZZ EWSDEP A 2006/07/24
8656ZZ EXPED OPSI A 2006/07/24
8657ZZ EXPED OPSII A 2006/07/24
MCI COURSE MCI NAME MCI STATUS EFFECTIVE DATE GRADE
8653ZZ MCPP A 2006/07/24
8655ZZ MAG OPS AII A 2006/07/24
8654ZZ MAG OPS AI A 2006/07/24

I guess the top two were the courses I finished in the API pool, and the rest were automatically opened when I finished the first two. I believe I only have 3 years to finish all of them once they open, and they've been running for 2 years. whoops. Once I get to the FRS should I try to get all these loose ends tied up?

I'd like to avoid any sort of residence course. I grew up in northern Virginia, and it is the bane of my existance.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If HD starts teaching C&S, perhaps... EWS is not JPME Phase I...

PSW said:
If so, count me in!!

So do one of you post and the other is "on deck?" Then when one is done, you get up, high five and switch places?

Malice, it's been over a year since you selected, what's the hold up? I tried getting you off the short bus...

Malice 1

pilot
So do one of you post and the other is "on deck?" Then when one is done, you get up, high five and switch places?

Malice, it's been over a year since you selected, what's the hold up? I tried getting you off the short bus...

I know I know. There were a whole bunch of T45 crashes this year, and production was deprioritized. I've been averaging 1 or two flights a week all through advanced. We are on a big push right now, since I'm supposed to go to the boat next week. Other than that, it's just slow.

Since I have lotsa free time, I thought about doing some online PME. I'm supposed to wing on 26 sept, but we'll see........

What are you up to?

phrogpilot73

Yes and no. Usually I'm responding and say "You've gotta read this thread, MB just made a funny." No need to high five and switch places - I'm a giant nerd, so we have 4 laptops (2 Vista, 1 Kubuntu, 1 Eee Xandros) and a desktop in our house...

DevilDog9782

Malice,

You're right about having a 3year time limit on finishing the last 4 segments. I would call over to the PME office at Matsg21 in Pcola and make sure they disenroll you from the last portion. The way they do it now is that they let us do the first 2 segments and then immediately disenroll us from the course so that when we start back up again to finish our 3 years starts over again. Otherwise your time is going to expire and you'll most likely have to start over again.

I don't have the phone number off hand but Barbara is the administrator over there and her email is BAdkins@cot.com
Hope this helps.

Malice 1

pilot
Malice,

You're right about having a 3year time limit on finishing the last 4 segments. I would call over to the PME office at Matsg21 in Pcola and make sure they disenroll you from the last portion. The way they do it now is that they let us do the first 2 segments and then immediately disenroll us from the course so that when we start back up again to finish our 3 years starts over again. Otherwise your time is going to expire and you'll most likely have to start over again.

I don't have the phone number off hand but Barbara is the administrator over there and her email is BAdkins@cot.com
Hope this helps.

Thanks man. I'll be starting the FRS in about 6 weeks, so I'm gonna see if I can get the rest of the stuff knocked out during the FRS. People keep telling me I'll have alot of free time there. If not, I'll be sure to disenroll myself.

Did You take the two courses in the API pool at Matsg 21? Are you down there now?

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Since the almighty Search Function didn't yield any newer results, I figured it's time to resurrect this old thread. Since there isn't any "gouge" for the online tests, could a recent student chime in and provide a few "sample questions" we're likely to see?

From my reading so far, I'm expecting something like "What is the mission of Communications Co, Headquarters Bn, of a Division?" or "How does the Marine Corps contribute to National Defense Strategy? Briefly explain."

Additionally, it's been stated that it's short answer/essay. It's also been stated that you get your score immediately. The two combined make absolutely no sense to me.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Since the almighty Search Function didn't yield any newer results, I figured it's time to resurrect this old thread. Since there isn't any "gouge" for the online tests, could a recent student chime in and provide a few "sample questions" we're likely to see?

From my reading so far, I'm expecting something like "What is the mission of Communications Co, Headquarters Bn, of a Division?" or "How does the Marine Corps contribute to National Defense Strategy? Briefly explain."

Additionally, it's been stated that it's short answer/essay. It's also been stated that you get your score immediately. The two combined make absolutely no sense to me.

Those of us lucky enough to get the first 2 mods done at MATSG we part of a test group that took a multiple choice exam for MOD 1 and a short answer for MOD 2. MOD 2 was open book, MOD 1... not so much. Questions from Mod 1 were similar to: Who establishes the National Security Policy? What defined the Marine Corps as 3 active duty divisions/wings? At what level of war do the Combatant Commanders operate? Pretty straight forward. Our instructor did a pretty good job of prepping us for the exam.

As far as the exam for MOD-2... pretty easy, except one question. It was open book, a few definitions (PDF- Copy, Paste) but you had to put together an Information Management plan, that was a bitch.

It should be noted that this was my experience in a distance learning with a class full of 2nd Lt's, your YMMV. We also had daily quizes online, and rather than have 1 class a week we had 3, so we covered 3 weeks of material in one. It was actually nice that way.

Clux4

Banned
I am not sure about the self paced thing so I am just going to drag myself to class one night a week this year again. What a pain! Can't wait to be done.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I'll throw in a vote for attending the actual school in Quantico. I just graduated this summer and it was truely a b!tch! But, there's no substitute for getting in amongst your peers from all over the MAGTF and learning a thing or three from them. Toss in a bunch of International Military Officers and reps from every other branch of the US military and you've got a legit school. I'll highly recommend it to everyone I run across for the remainder of my career; it was THAT good of an experience.