• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

excited and had to tell someone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason12

My Officer recruiter just called me and told me tomorrow there are gonna be some Marine Aviators in my neighborhood at the County Airport right up from my house and i'm gettin some stick time tomorrow!!!!!!!! i am seriously more excited than i have been in a while....I'm runnin around my house like an idiot and callin everyone i know tellin them about it
bouncy_125.gif
bouncy_125.gif
bouncy_125.gif
hopefully they don't get me too sick lol

"IF ONE ADVANCES CONFIDENTLY IN THE DIRECTION OF HIS DREAMS,
AND ENDEAVORS TO LIVE THE LIFE WHICH HE HAS IMAGINED, HE WILL MEET WITH A SUCCESS UNEXPECTED IN COMMON HOURS."

jason12

all i was told was that it was a twin turboprop or something of that nature i didn't get the specifics the guy that called me was an enlisted SGT so he didn't know too much about the plane he said but hell i'll take anything you know what i mean!!!!

AND ENDEAVORS TO LIVE THE LIFE WHICH HE HAS IMAGINED, HE WILL MEET WITH A SUCCESS UNEXPECTED IN COMMON HOURS."

uncledave

I would recommend hydrating yourself right before you go. Drink a 20oz aquafina before you go up. It helps me when I do extreme aerobatics like stalls or lazy8's. Might wanna bring a bag just in case. I have never gotten sick but I think I could if I was not hydrated well. Good luck!

"beware of what you wish for" -what the Chinese say....

jason12

thanks for the heads up...i'll be sure to pick up a bottle in the morning before i go up, i've always had a strong stomach in pretty much any situation...but....i haven't been up a few thousand feet and plummeted downward....lol, so i guess we'll see, either way i still can't wait!!!!

Jafar

If its the same plane I went up in a few years back I think it was a Cessna 441(???) I went up a couple of times. They don't get to crazy, but for some reason that plane has a tendancy to make people sick. Especially if you are one of the lucky ones riding in the rear facing seats behind the center of gravity. Real pleasent. They let you cruise around for a little while, trying to get you used to maintaining attitude, altitude and airspeed. They let me execute a few real easy turns.

But like I said, this was years ago. I don't even know if it's the same plane.

Have fun, and don't feel bad if you puke, I think 3 out of 4 that went up with us did. (Including yours truly) I felt fine as soon as I got my hands on the damn yoke.

jason12

i'm gonna cross my fingers in hopes that i don't, but hey if I let it fly aww well has to happen sometime right? lol i just can't wait to get up there!!

jrklr

I had the same experience, it was awesome. The OSO for my area had a marine pilot and a chartered plane (twin engine) with him and were offering rides to those interested in the PLT aviation option. It was my first time in a plane smaller than an airliner, I loved it. He let me turn it and stuff, gave me some tips etc. Then he did some dives, he made a penny sitting on the dash float. It makes you feel like yer whole body is being sucked to the cieling, good stuff. After that I had a whole new respect for jet pilots that experiene like 4 times that, all while flying and using weapons. I didn't even have a hint of airsickness though, I think that's all in yer head.

jason12

well i'm off to the airport, guess its all up to the airplane now :)

jason12

oh man......now that was a freakin blast!!!........haha and i'm happy to say IIIIIIII did not get sick!!! everyone else did, me and the Pilot were laughin at em though but it was definitely worthwile!!!

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
You got the wrong message about the water man. Hydrating yourself means to drink water well before you go up. Don't drink the whole damn thing right before. Thats even worse.
Have fun.

jason12

oh it was a little twin prop cessna, bad-ass little guy retractable landing gear and such, pretty cool and our Aviator was a female CH-53 pilot, she was like the nicest lady ever, gave a lot of good info on OCS, and Flight school, i especially liked the part where she told us to get comfortable not looking at instruments to fly straight and level as in P-Cola they're gonna make you put your head down and close your eyes, then the IP will do somethin crazy with the plane, then let you pick your head up and correct it in like under a few seconds.....sounds like fun eh?, I can't wait!!!

jason12

well at first i'm probably going to refer to it as "holy s*$&...how do i get straight" but yea it sounds a bit unusual

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
What was the pilots name? I think she came to my OSO's office to give rides. She was the first female CH-53 pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.