• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Everyone says don't enlist... (OCS non-select, considering enlisting)

What would you do in my situation?

• Total voters

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
to clarify twobecrazy's comment on flying warrants. Army will take them off the street. For the Navy you have to be the top of your enlisted game and submit an application as enlisted. Very few are selected annually.

Thanks for doing that!

crazyaviatrix

If I were you I'd consider all of your options very carefully. I was in a similar boat as you, I couldn't even apply to OCS because there was no way I would get my commission before my 27th bday. I enlisted so I could qualify for an age wavier. Unfortunately the Navy has been backed up with it training and I have been stuck at a training command for the last 13 months. Too bad I'm not getting any younger. It's frusterating for me because I don't fit the demographic at all. I'm a 28 year old female, I hold a BS in Aerospace Engineering, a MS in Human Factors, and I am a furloughed airline pilot with an ATP MEL, Comm SEL, CFI, CFII, MEI. Being that I can from a professionsal career with intelligent, mature,educated, hardworking people I have a hard time tolerating most of my shipmates and their shenanigans. Not to say that all my shipmates are this way but for the most part many have not grown up yet. I have no doubt that once I hit the fleet things will change but here at Great Lakes many forget that they are in the Navy and act as if they are back in high school or chillin in the hood. Also, keep in mind the challenges you will face in order to apply to OCS. Getting a straight answer is impossible or atlest here at TSC GL it is. I've been trying to arrange the ASTB for a year now but no one knows how and my CCC is too lazy to find out. On my Chief's advice I skipped my chain of command and called an officer recruiter. I think I'm finally getting somewhere! Also keep in mind the training pipeline for the rate that you choose. I was supposed to be at GL 6 months, instead I was on hold awaiting instruction for 6.5 months. Your a bit younger so you have this time to spare, I don't. For me it's been a lesson in patience. I can't wait to get out to the fleet, if it really exists...