• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EVERYONE READ - Forum Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS POST
Forum Software Upgrade: SNITZ to vBulletin3. I have completed testing and have successfully converted the forum to vbulletin3. All users, posts, and images have been converted. A slew of new features will be available with the move to the new format.

Why am I doing this? The forum is getting too large (both members and posts), and I needed to switch to a forum with greater scalability. The main benefit will be the speed of the forum, and to get away from the asp based forum we are on now.

When is this going to take place? I am planning on shutting down the website within the next two weeks, to give people time to update their email. And I will go through the time consuming process of converting the database for use with vbulletin3. A multi-step process. I intend to notify everyone on the board ahead of time.

To get a look at vbulletin3 in action, go here to their website:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php

What do you need to do? To help facilitate this switch: I need all members to update their email address in their profile page. When I make the switch. Your current password will not make the transition, and you will have to retrieve your password via the "forgot password" option, and you will be emailed an activation link to update your email.

Possible Issues with the switch:

Members who don't update their email For those "legacy" members, that don't visit the website as often, and for one reason or another don't have a valid email address in their profile, I will have a verification system set up based off the old forum for people to request a change in their email address manually by the admin (ie me...).

Private Messages?!?! In the current conversion software I am using, the private messages you currently have are lost in the transition. How much of a priority is this for everyone, we currently have >5k private messages in the system?

I welcome all comments, praises or complaints that this switch is likely to cause!
icon_smile.gif

John

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You obviously have way too much time on your hands. I think you should be working on that FCP syllabus so you can be working Saturdays with me.
icon_smile_wink.gif

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Gatordev, go back to the boat where you belong... and BTW, I worked saturday also, got to watch some lava on the Big Island...
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.