• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Everett Apartments

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
So why is Everett SO horrible? And yes, this is a serious question. Is it the people? Nothing to do? No night life? Shitty places to live?

All of those things and more. There's nothing to do there; the people are generally sour and unwelcoming; lots of drugs and lots of low income housing; I've never heard anybody use night life and Everett in the same sentence. My family and I call it Everot.

If you're not into the bar scene, I would still check out Ballard or Fremont. Lots of parks and beaches nearby, generally friendly people, and a near-infinite amount of food choices. You'd also be in close proximity to Seattle and everything it has to offer in terms of sporting events (Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders) and concerts. And if you ski or snowboard, it's about 40 minutes from Ballard to the chairlift at Snoqualmie or Alpental.

I get the city life thing - but I'm having a bit of a tough time finding something halfway big for $1400-1600 that's nice.

FWIW, I'm in a 3-bedroom 2000 Sq. Ft. town home in Ballard that's $1895 / month. You can find nice apartments around here at price points well below what you mentioned above.

How does everyone feel about Lynnwood or Kenmore?

Parts are nice. Check out Edmonds as opposed to Lynnwood.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Having grown up in lynnwood and everett, the part I hated most was the traffic within the city (around malls, etc..). I would check out Mukilteo, tons of nice places, although more pricey. If I were to move back home again I would be living in that town.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
I really appreciate the help guys! I'll do more searching today and see what I come up with :D

P3 F0

None
Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this--Mukilteo or Edmonds is your best bet, although for Edmonds, closer to the water is mostly condos vice apartments. Not sure how often those go up for rent, but it must happen every now and then. Lynwood can be sketchy. More accurately, occasionally, Lynwood can be ok. Check out Craigslist for Snohomish, as there seem to be a lot of listings for houses on there--I haven't checked for apartments, but I'm guessing there are some listing for those as well. When we were househunting for rentals, we focused on Craigslit since that's were the bulk of the listings were.

There are other places--Mill Creek, Lake Stevens, etc, that you may find acceptable, but they're a ways away from the Seattle area.

PM me if you come up with a short list and would like me to swing by wherever to take some pics or let you know if it looks unsat.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
How about the Shoreline area between Edmonds and Ballard? Is that whole northwest side nice or did you give me specific locations because it goes good to sketchy fairly quickly?