• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Do they have the manpower to maintain this though? They are pulling in old men and prisoners now.
Everybody is having problems with manpower- look how our services are missing recruiting goals.

I am more interested in who can sustain their ammunition stockpiles. As industrial war was thought to be a relic of the past, who has the capability of manufacturing artillery shells, etc in bulk? On a related subject, are countermeasures affordable? Wonder if the cheapness of kamikaze drones and the expense of anti-air missiles will result in a return of anti-aircraft guns?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Everybody is having problems with manpower- look how our services are missing recruiting goals.

I am more interested in who can sustain their ammunition stockpiles. As industrial war was thought to be a relic of the past, who has the capability of manufacturing artillery shells, etc in bulk? On a related subject, are countermeasures affordable? Wonder if the cheapness of kamikaze drones and the expense of anti-air missiles will result in a return of anti-aircraft guns?

Not to challenge the great minds at Eurasian Times, but I have seen sources that show most drones are shot down with HMGs, not missiles.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
If anything, SPAAGs will make a comeback after they went out of fashion in the 80s/90s. We had M113 mounted Vulcans in the 80s that were phased out for the Avengers. I imagine the 20lb brains that figured out how to put a HARM on a Mig29 are problem solving that too.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I wonder if this man is still beaming with pride for his troops. Also, Russian karate is the best karate. They clearly are the superior CQC force.

(Back to discussions about how aircraft carriers and submarines matter in fucking Poland, Ukraine, and Georgia)

Last edited:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wonder if this man is still beaming with pride for his troops. Also, Russian karate is the best karate. They clearly are the superior CQC force.

(Back to discussions about how aircraft carriers and submarines matter in fucking Poland, Ukraine, and Georgia)
February 2022 called. It wants its meme back . . . :rolleyes: