• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Entire Hornet and Rhino demo from a helmet cam, no music, editing, etc.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
It appears the good CAPT didn't strap in until after he taxied down the runway :)

CAMike

None
Contributor
Damn there goes that clicking sound again..... at ‎1:18 he was cutting it a bit close. I wonder how much of that instant was skill and how much was luck. This guy's gonna bite it some day and when he does it's going to be spectacular

Correct. The life expectancy for those that engage in dead stick/low levels is probably fairly short. 10' high passes with no ability to add power just seems unwise. Unless those airfoil suits are much more controllable that they appear.

Enjoyed the 18 demo videos though. Music normally takes away from these types of video clips.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
That's standard.
Yeah, I was just kidding. I haven't even strapped into a real aircraft yet, although I would have guessed that strapping in would be numero uno...especially in an ejection seat. Any particular reason for this?

MasterBates

Because a lot of things on the start check.. Hard to reach with harness on (just speaking from 45 experience here), and if there is a ground egress, its one more thing to deal with.. In the E-2 I don't put any Koch fittings on until after engine start and pulling chocks, and I don't put the uppers on until we are taxiing to the Cat/Runway.