• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted OCS Applicant (Supply Corps)

Suuzz

Greetings All-

I am a 24 year old Seaman stationed aboard NAF Atsugi Japan. I am currently in the process of submitting an application for OCS - Supply Corps being my 1st choice.

Quick info:

-Two years of active duty service
-BS in Management Studies, GPA: 3.032 (a little low maybe...)
-Five Appraisal Sheets. One CAPT, two Supply CDR's, two random LCDR's --> All "outstanding 10's"
-Two LOR's. One from my detachment OIC; one from a retired Master Chief (professor holding a PHD)
-Two EP Evaluations thus far
-Plenty of volunteer work
-Auxiliary Security Forces Watch

Pending: OAR score :) --> I anticipate to receive the scores sometime this week. Also pending is the CO's recommendation (CAPT).

Will the OAR be the determining factor? Is there a high demand for Supply Officers right now? Is there anything I can do to strengthen my package?

Any feedback from anyone in the Supply Community would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Very Respectfully / PSSN A.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Will the OAR be the determining factor?

I wouldn't call it the determining factor, but it will be a factor. If it comes back low, it wouldn't hurt to retake it. It's hard to tell what will give them a reason to select you, but you never want to give a board a reason to not select you.

Suuzz

Oar

I received my OAR results today -- 47. I was hoping to score over 50:(. Anyway, I am sending my application out during the month of June. Hoping for the best...

utak

Turn that frown upside down man . . . a guy who I gave advice on his package was just selected for Supply, with a 44 OAR.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
I received my OAR results today -- 47. I was hoping to score over 50:(. Anyway, I am sending my application out during the month of June. Hoping for the best...

Minimum QAR for supply is 35. 47 while it may not be the 50 you wanted, it will not be a game breaker. They are looking at "Whole Person" and one of the important things going for you is your stellar military track record. Make that June date.

Best of luck. We are rooting for you.

FlyinRock

Atsugi

Whooaaa..... last time I was there was in 1956. I can't even begin to imagine the changes there since. I was a mere child back then....

Suuzz

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I guess a 47 is not that bad after all... :D

Yes indeed, I have worked hard to keep my military record impeccable. Joining the Navy was the best decision I ever made. Hopefully, my experience thus far will serve me well at a later time. It's all about service. Ready for increased responsibilities now.

I would be glad to share my personal statement with anyone interested in reading it. I feel confident that it is well written, but of course, some constructive criticism wouldn't hurt. If interested, please reply and I will send it via e-mail.

Again, thanks for all the guidance and support.

Suuzz

Whooaaa..... last time I was there was in 1956. I can't even begin to imagine the changes there since. I was a mere child back then....

NAF Atsugi is a great installation. The local area remains calm and peaceful. I am sure much has changed since 1956. I like it so much here that I extended for an extra year...

Much has been going on in the Yokosuka area though. Unfortunately, some sailors have been involved in some pretty serious criminal cases over the last couple of years, and of course, it is blown out of proportion by the Japanese media. Indirectly, it affects us here in the Atsugi area too. Occasional curfews, restrictions... and so on.

Flugelman

Contributor
NAF Atsugi is a great installation. The local area remains calm and peaceful. I am sure much has changed since 1956. I like it so much here that I extended for an extra year...

Much has been going on in the Yokosuka area though. Unfortunately, some sailors have been involved in some pretty serious criminal cases over the last couple of years, and of course, it is blown out of proportion by the Japanese media. Indirectly, it affects us here in the Atsugi area too. Occasional curfews, restrictions... and so on.

The more things change..... :(

Cinderella liberty when I was there in '66. In the gate by midnight or off the streets and out of the bars in Sagami Otsuka and Yamato. Kinda sucked but it was what it was.

Tomodachi

pilot
I'm currently stationed in Yokosuka. We should get together over a beer and we can talk about your application process and maybe I can give some tips. Send me a PM

BackOrdered

Contributor
Is there a high demand for Supply Officers right now?

Supply is under strength when it comes to O-1s and overmanned everywhere else. Don't get excited, it has more to do with a shortage of ENS operational billets needed to grow O-4s down the road. ENSs recently have received 3 year operational tours to plug up the holes. Every FFG decommissioned is an ENS and LT billet gone. LCSs will eventually be an O-1 SUPPO tour to fix the issue (that's what is on the drawing board anyways).