• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Energy Discussion

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Fact is any attempt to help us navigate the peaks and goo of climate change has failed us. Near as I can tell every prediction of even near future temps and resultant affects have been wrong. Paging Al Gore. I wouldn't follow a TRF or GPS with that reliability. In any case, we aren't blasting though this problem like an Intruder through fog draped valleys. When your catastrophe is coming at you over decades and factions of a degree, you DO have time to determine the real threat and prevent the extinction of the human race, which is the battle cry.

Interesting graph concerning President Biden’s Build Back Better plan. It appears that the Democratic Party is pushing for a repeal of SALT taxes, which will cost 3x what the BBB plan details for climate change. Priorities. As the Democratic Party is a high/low coalition of incomes, it will be quite a fight between the different factions.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Diesel.

Diesel kills the most people per year because diesel transports guns to gun stores and then guns kill people, and diesel brings grain to cattle ranchers and then cow farts cause global warming which kills people, and diesel brings coal to coal power plants and then coal power plants kill people, and diesel brings cigarette cartons to stores and then cigarettes kill people, and…. (insert more)

/sarcasm

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Diesel.

Diesel kills the most people per year because diesel transports guns to gun stores and then guns kill people, and diesel brings grain to cattle ranchers and then cow farts cause global warming which kills people, and diesel brings coal to coal power plants and then coal power plants kill people, and diesel brings cigarette cartons to stores and then cigarettes kill people, and…. (insert more)

/sarcasm

Diesel runs the backup generators at the WIV. Diesel is COVID.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

"I want to say this loud and clear right now, that we risk a very low crop in the next harvest," said Svein Tore Holsether, the CEO and president of the Oslo-based company. "I'm afraid we're going to have a food crisis."

"To produce a ton of ammonia last summer was $110," said Holsether. "And now it's $1,000. So it's just incredible."

SlickAg

pilot

"I want to say this loud and clear right now, that we risk a very low crop in the next harvest," said Svein Tore Holsether, the CEO and president of the Oslo-based company. "I'm afraid we're going to have a food crisis."

"To produce a ton of ammonia last summer was $110," said Holsether. "And now it's $1,000. So it's just incredible."
Does this mean that soon we’ll have a moral responsibility to only eat two meals a day?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I think future reactors need to be like non-chargeable batteries. When done, you take the whole thing and bury it. They're working on small ones like that?
Depending on your reactor type, the spent fuel is actually more “weapons grade” than what you start with. So it’s not ideal for burying and leaving unattended. WGP comes from uranium reactors, which constitute maybe 60% of the world’s reactors.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Interesting graph concerning President Biden’s Build Back Better plan. It appears that the Democratic Party is pushing for a repeal of SALT taxes, which will cost 3x what the BBB plan details for climate change. Priorities. As the Democratic Party is a high/low coalition of incomes, it will be quite a fight between the different factions.

View attachment 33331
It's all funny money. However, what I find interesting is that the party that supposedly champions lower income Americans is supporting the repeal of the SALT cap, which impacts the wealthiest Americans the most.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
SALT taxes limits ensure people from states with reasonable taxes are not subsidizing high tax states. NY, CA, etc cry about SALT limits raising their peoples overall tax burdens (they do) but fail to acknowledge their peoples tax burdens are so high because their state taxes are so high funding social warfare programs for every Tom, Dick and illegal Harry. Instead, they want federal tax deductions to lower their people’s burden while those of us smart enough to avoid high tax states see less federal tax dollars which have to somehow be made up or add to the deficit.

Fuck that. If the idiots want to live in welfare nanny states, they can pay for all the extras without costing the rest. I don’t think any SALT should be deductible period. Then maybe people will think about for who and what they cast their votes. State program, state pays.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
SALT taxes limits ensure people from states with reasonable taxes are not subsidizing high tax states. NY, CA, etc cry about SALT limits raising their peoples overall tax burdens (they do) but fail to acknowledge their peoples tax burdens are so high because their state taxes are so high funding social warfare programs for every Tom, Dick and illegal Harry. Instead, they want federal tax deductions to lower their people’s burden while those of us smart enough to avoid high tax states see less federal tax dollars which have to somehow be made up or add to the deficit.

Fuck that. If the idiots want to live in welfare nanny states, they can pay for all the extras without costing the rest. I don’t think any SALT should be deductible period. Then maybe people will think about for who and what they cast their votes. State program, state pays.
I agree to an extent, but the property values are often double to triple the national median in these areas.

The residents will claim poverty, but when someone lives in a $700,000 asset and live 20 minutes from beaches, entertainment, designer shopping, etc. then they're not broke and certainly not the profile of a mk1 mod 0 'middle class' American. The people from these areas need to live in a town where the closest store is a super Walmart 20 minutes away and a Best Buy 30 minutes in the opposite direction.