• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Emergency Exit

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ecuador esta interesante por los teresoros .......

My Squadronmate & close Amigo, ex-POW Ret. CAPT Mike "Masher" McGrath, served as the Naval Air Attache to Ecuador in Quito, in the mid-'80s. I recall him remarking about how different it was getting used to daily life at that elevation. He and family really enjoyed their tour there.
CAPT Mike 'Masher' McGrath.jpg
While there in 1986, Mike had occasion to rescue a woman who had fallen into the water between two sailing vessels & was injured. He physically held the vessels apart, then dropped into the water to rescue her without further injury. He was awarded the Navy Marine Corps Medal for this action (grrr8 foreign relations)!:cool:
BzB

FlyinRock

My Squadronmate & close Amigo, ex-POW Ret. CAPT Mike "Masher" McGrath, served as the Naval Air Attache to Ecuador in Quito, in the mid-'80s. I recall him remarking about how different it was getting used to daily life at that elevation. He and family really enjoyed their tour there.
View attachment 10746
While there in 1986, Mike had occasion to rescue a woman who had fallen into the water between two sailing vessels & was injured. He physically held the vessels apart, then dropped into the water to rescue her without further injury. He was awarded the Navy Marine Corps Medal for this action (grrr8 foreign relations)!:cool:
BzB
Quito sits about 9000'msl and a drink or two can put you on your knees! I was asked to do a skydive in Quito for the embassy 4th of July picnic and it didn't dawn on me the rate of descent and landing speed! I hit like a crated piano. They asked if I would do another one and I told them the chute was only good for one jump...
Back when I healed up quickly and big bruises didn't bother me. Ah the good old days