• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Embry-Riddle Students or Grads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_ERAU

Hey fella's,
I'm currently transferring to Embry-Riddle Prescott, AZ from a junior college where I played college football. Anyways, just wondering if any of the current "warrior" members graduated or our attending this ERAU Prescott. If so... did you like it? Good Professors/Bad professors? Professors you want/you don't want? Some basic insight on the school itself? Anything, you found personally important. Would be helpful. I'm currious. I'm already to go there and will be leaving for summer B session. Thanks for all your help

By the way, Great Web-Site fun to reveiw.

ROB

Robby Volack

Rob_ERAU

Thanks Pap,

I really appreciate the info. definitely gives me some insight on the school. I'm looking forward to the experience and the schooling. Rugby guy huh? Tough sport, sounds like fun though. Good Luck in Primary, I hope you get the aircraft you want. Hopefully, I will see you in the future. I'm currently looking into the Air Science degree, I thought maybe this summer flight training session will give me good advice on which degree to attack. We'll see...
Again, Thanks for the reply.

Later

Robby Volack

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I'm going to Prescott in the fall, too. I'm going to be majoring in Aero Eng and Minoring in Flight. Do you think it matters if I have the Air Science degree or not (in terms of getting a pilot seat in the military)?

Also, can you give any insight on the AFROTC, and maybe compare it with BDCP? Which do you think is better?

Thanks,
Logan

StrikeEagle

WOW, I am going to have fun with this post.

Cant believe you havent posted to this yet PAT!

Anyway, I am a Jr. at ERAU in Daytona. To answer the AF question first, if you are looking into AFROTC, then Daytona is the place to go. Det 157 is the largest and best in the country. There are over 600 cadets and they commision over 50 a year. They are second only to the AFA. Having been in the AFROTC program for 2 years, I would have to say go with the Navy. I have a fraternity brother who trans. out there and is in the AF program, I can give you his email.

I agree, if you love aviation you will love riddle. A lot of people over here in FL complain and say it sucks. I like it. If you give it a chance you should too. At least we have the beach, fraternitys, and spring break
icon_smile_wink.gif
Just kidding. If you feel you like riddle but dont like the setting, look into coming out here, I would think it would be a little better.

Anyway, nice to see some Riddle People out there!

srvmcm

Hey guys, I graduated Riddle Daytona last April... I'll be going through OCS Aug. 3. They definitely have a jump on the game in API and primary so I hear. As far as a major goes? I was a Communication major and filled my open electives with advanced flight courses and got my private with some IFR time. So good luck at Riddle... Daytona is great other than the female population. Either way though I'm sure you'll all be fine... Good luck to all and wish me luck!

jaerose

Does ERAU have a graduate program?

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

"So long as there's a breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success, if I persist long enough I will win."
--Og Mandino

srvmcm

ERAU does have grad programs... tremendous in engineering and aeronautical programs. they have MA in aviation business too. i've known many who have gone through. i think riddle is a very fair school. good luck Rob_ERAU... Lord knows i'll need it...

chris

Rob_ERAU

jaerose,
ERAU here in Prescott, AZ has a Masters Degree called Professional Flight, I think Daytona has the same. I know a guy here who is involved in this degree and he says that he wants go from his instructor status to corporate pilot. He flies all the time and will most likely have a job waiting for him as soon as he is done (in one year). My goal is to come back after military experience (hopefully) and do the same; pursue my Masters in Professional Flight. Like srvmcm said, they have other graduate programs, but in my opinion this one seems to be the better deal, assuming commercial or corporate is where you want to go after your military career.

Robby Volack

Status
Not open for further replies.