• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Echelon III vs. Echelon IV Commands

Rurouni007

OCS Applicant (Supply Corp), NRD Los Angeles
AW Community.. I do apologize again, I did browse the forum categories to find if there was a general discussion forum but did not find an appropriate one.. if this thread needs to be moved, please go ahead..

I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between echelon III and echelon IV commands. I saw the news that all NAVSUP COMFISCS were being changed to echelon IV commands while as of right now, only FISC-SD is a echelon IV

Charlie, if this is classified too.. its a FML moment ;P google didn't give me much :(

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Long story short:
"Echelon" basically refers to who is your boss.
If you're Echelon 1 then you answer to the CNO directly.
If you're Echelon 2 then you answer to an Echelon 1 Command and so on.

All it means is that the command you mention has been moved down one spot in the Navy chain of command structure.

I tried to find a listing of who all the Echelon 1 commands are for a brief I put together at work and the Navy staff didn't have a good list I could steal from...

Rurouni007

OCS Applicant (Supply Corp), NRD Los Angeles
Helo,

Thanks, that was actually... very clearly described :)

Good thing I asked so I didn't go into my interview and be like.. so I saw that all commands are being UPGRADED to a echelon IV.. lol