• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Easy question for people in the know about F/A-18s.

darrylcn

I'm now a lot less confused, thanks all, even if I didn't feel a teeny bit of pride for kicking this whole thing off I'd think it was a great read.

johnson42

Thanks for owning up to it, Sevenhelmet. More balls than others on here who can't admit they were wrong.

Last edited:

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
From the FA-18 NTRP section 3.2.4: "In the event of a HUD failure a standby reticle is available in the upper right side of the HUD for use in performing visual designations."

It literally took me two minutes to find that this morning. Actually took me longer to find the NTRP on the share drive than it did for me to find the info in the NTRP.

Before everyone starts skewering others, they should probably be sure they are correct. A little life lesson that also helps out in the Navy.

You guys sound like a bunch of VP guys, arguing so hard over something that seems relatively trivial. Next thing you know, you'll be wearing Khakis/NWU/whatever bullshit underway uniform they have us wear soon on no fly days.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
tumblr_ngvgzg6va21tq4of6o1_500.gif