• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Early OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrh001

Hey guys,
I'm currently in my 2nd year in college, and I'm thinking about applying for OCS / BDCP. If you're in the BDCP program, is it possible to attend OCS BEFORE you finish college, maybe the summer before you graduate, and then receive your commission after you graduate so you get the training out of the way and don't have it hanging over your head when you finish college? I believe the Marine Corps has a program similar to this (PLC or OCC maybe?).
Also, what does "pro-rec'd" mean?

Thanks,
mrh001

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
No. All Officer Candidates at Navy OCS hold a Bachelor's degree. It should be noted that BDCP is a better deal than PLC, because PLC only pays you while you're at quantico, BDCP will pay you 24/36 months prior to OCS depending on what your degree is in.

OracleMSU

Civvy SNA Hopeful
Pro-rec'd (abbreviation of Professionally recommended) is the first favorable response to your application.

It means that they have looked it over, and recommended you for the program. Now it is up to a higher power to give the final yeah or nay.

Status
Not open for further replies.