• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EA-6B Prowler Getting Dirty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocity

I was watching Jag and they had an EA-6B Prowler out there in like a warzone, and it was droppin bombs and ect. I had no idea that the Prow could do this.

Can it?

Also they showed one getting shot down, and the two people in the front seat punched out, but I thought the Prow had a crew of four, a pilot and three electronic countermeasures officers. So Im a bit confused, so can osmeone explain.

Also I was thinking maybe it wasnt a Prow. But it looked just like one

Dave Shutter

Sounds like the X-mas episode on a carrier in Viet-Nam. If you haven't noticed they splice together footage from all over the place for their action sequences, specifically TOPGUN, Flt of the Intruder, Hunt for Red Oct...etc. The parting shot in the opening credits of the Hornet banking and diving is from "Clear and Present Danger", for example. Almost all of the X-mas episode action footage was from "Intruder". I quess they needed certain angles and could only get Prowler shots, figured we wouldn't notice.

As for your other question, Prowlers armaments are limited to anti-radar missles and seats four. A-6 seats two and can drop kitchen sinks.

beau

Dave you know entirely too much about Jag to be a real Naval Officer. I would say the charge would be conduct on becoming! :)

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

Dave Shutter

Actually I hardly ever watch the show. The dramatic episodes put me to sleep and the ones that try to be action shows are ridiculous. I'm a film geek and stuff like that just sticks in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.