• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E2D, What is the community like?

BOMR822

pilot
I am currently in primary with around a dozen flights under my belt and I am trying to figure out what I want to try to aim for at the end of the program; the E2D seems like a really interesting platform, even if there are (allegedly) only a few slots per year. I understand the likelihood is low, and that the needs of the Navy come first; I am just curious if listing this as a preference is a good decision. Unfortunately, all of the second hand information I have gotten about the community has been mostly negative, and there are not any E2D IP's in my squadron to ask for first-hand information. I am curious if this a community with a future, and how the quality of life is comparable to other communities. I appreciate any information or personal experiences you care to share, thanks!

hdr777

pilot
If you're in Corpus, there are some E2 pilots in 31 that you can talk to. I'm in the frs, so feel free to DM me any specific questions and I can do my best to answer them

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
DM me with what questions you have. We were attempting to do a fly in/static display in Corpus as part of the WOST airshow last week but had to cancel it.

PMPT

I am currently in primary with around a dozen flights under my belt and I am trying to figure out what I want to try to aim for at the end of the program; the E2D seems like a really interesting platform, even if there are (allegedly) only a few slots per year. I understand the likelihood is low, and that the needs of the Navy come first; I am just curious if listing this as a preference is a good decision. Unfortunately, all of the second hand information I have gotten about the community has been mostly negative, and there are not any E2D IP's in my squadron to ask for first-hand information. I am curious if this a community with a future, and how the quality of life is comparable to other communities. I appreciate any information or personal experiences you care to share, thanks!
It's only anecdotal ... but 9/10 of the E2/C2 guys I flew with in Kingsville were awesome. Professionals but relaxed and not all about the dick measuring contest like some VFA/VMFA/VMA guys ...

Honestly, seems like a cool platform. Multi-engine time while also getting to fly T45s and land on the boat sounds like a pretty good deal to me.