• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E vs F

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Also with all of the new toys in the Rhino like the APG 73/79, LINK 16, etc... I think it will be extremly difficult for a single seat guy to get the most out of all of the systems / sensors. With two in a Rhino it is a handful some times, so I dont know how a single guy can run it all. Can it be done by one guy? Sure. But it is an awful lot of work.

Umm, we have link. And how a single seat guy can do it is cause we are SH! We don't spend all our time sitting by the beach, drinking peach schnapps. :icon_smil

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Why does everyone call it a Rhino? It's a Hornet. Sounds like some gay fighter thing to me. Like the F-16 guys calling it a Viper.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I know a single seat guy can run it all, but at what level? I just feel that an aircraft with todays newer radars (73/79 esp.), MIDS, ATFLIR and other systems, that it is difficult for 1 guy to get 100% out of the systems. I am sure it gets easier with time, but like I stated above, 2 guys working the same amount of gear as one makes it a hell of a lot easier.

Why does everyone call it a Rhino? It's a Hornet

It's a boat thing. Do a search here on the site and you can read all the info.

Umm, we have link. And how a single seat guy can do it is cause we are SH! We don't spend all our time sitting by the beach, drinking peach schnapps.

I'm a Vodka and Gin drinker. Don't know any E/F bubbas that drink peach schnapps. That must be a baby/legacy hornet thing.:D

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Ok, I guess from the whole calling the ball perspective it makes sense to differentiate but I still don't understand Bone, Buff, Viper, etc. I guess that's just an Air Force thing.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Ok, I guess from the whole calling the ball perspective it makes sense to differentiate but I still don't understand Bone, Buff, Viper, etc. I guess that's just an Air Force thing.

No, it's not. Discussed before... Hoov, Hummer, COD, Turkey.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
I'm a Vodka and Gin drinker. Don't know any E/F bubbas that drink peach schnapps. That must be a baby/legacy hornet thing.:D

Of course here is my favorite:

1/3rd Smirnoff Ice

1/3rd Archer's Peach Schnapps

1/3rd Cranberry Breezer or Cranberry Juice
It's just delicious. I'll see you at the beach sailor boy.....:icon_hear

wilsonator

For the guys still in training, here's my .02. You're going to hear both arguments. It's just like the training command where the P-3 guys wanted P-3's to get per diem. Who the F*&# joins the Navy to get per diem? So everyone has to talk up their community and say it's the best. Anyway the F guys say they work less, again you wouldn't be an F guy if you didn't work hard to get there. There has been and always will be a "friendly" rivalry amongst just about everyone. Bottom line C's or E/F's out of the TRACOM and you'll love being there. In the RAG the C guys said they loved C's because they were so fast. The Tomcat/F drivers and WSO's said that was the way to go and the E guys were all about single seat so as you can see you'll be happy where ever you end up.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
Pilot man, I thought you were serious at first. The first thing I thought when I saw "1/3rd Smirnoff Ice" was "smirnoff? What a fag!"

Good to know you're kidding