• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahler

Pap and I were talking the other night about what platforms we'd like to fly, and I had mentioned the E-2. Then that big rododome came into play. Is it safe for the crew sitting directly underneath a powerful radar like that??? Is there some kind of sheilding for the fuselage??? Pap told me an interesting story about a couple of P-3 maintaince men... I'll let him fill you all in.

James

Paul Burke

One of my old skippers told us on the flight line once that they would point the nose radar dish at the clouds and be able to distinguish what areas to avoid. I really don't know what kind of significance that bears in this conversation because I really don't know much about radar.

Mahler

Good news about the E-2... I didn't want my kids to have any extra parts

Pap, You want to go flying tomorrow??? I figure we can go over to sedona or something. I'll have to let you know because I feel like crap. I've been hacking up all sorts of great stuff (just thought I'd throw in that visual) and I might just sleep half the day away. I love not having class till 1400!!!

James

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Jeez, I wouldn't be surprised to find this thread over at studentpilot.net, but it is a little adversarial for Airwarriors...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
All right, now we all know that those are just opinions, and sadly to say, you are both mistaken, and there is only ONE fact:

University of Florida is the best damn school in the world!! GO GATORS!!

Trying to inject some levity here, this is a good thread, and I don't think either of you are trying to get into a particular pissing match or anything, just trying to share knowledge. Unfortunately, A LOT gets lost in the typing medium of posting on forums.

On a side note, I must admit that I am very pleased with the way this forum has expanded, and the non flaming nature it has developed, I have yet to use any of the admin features to moderate anyone or restrict posting, which I am quite thankful for. In addition, I am happy with the way everyone posts knowledge, thoughts, ideas, experiences, and whatnot, to make this forum more of an asset for those that are interested in going Naval Aviation, hats off to you, and thanks for making it a good place to come to.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Ahh, I can feel the love. Just got back from FAM2 in beautiful and finally sunny Corpus Christi. Can't wait to see you guys out here someday!

Kraftwerk

Go Sioux!
They're still called that, right?
Truth be told, here flightside in the Navy I've yet to meet anyone from UND, altho we got one guy from ER Daytona. Seems more like we've got people from all over, but statswise I guess you're right. I'd figure most of the UND grads go airforce, longing for beautiful Minot in february.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Queer! I tell you what Stevenson you better say that with respect especially when you start getting "spiked" by a warpig. Remember when your getting "spiked" its you who is getting cooked not the boys in the family truckster. Maybe one day, and I hope it never happens, when you get a SA-6 indication and realize your being tracked then start praying for a Prowler. I'll leave it at that.....
No Wx radar in any TAC AIR aircraft. Just ground mapping but it can be highly effective in picking out cells if "tricked" and you have a smart operator. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ummm...What were we talking about again? Something about UF being the best school in the world? Ok, ok....OK twist my arm. You're right...UF IS DEFINATELY the best school in the world. Any probs with that? I'll just talk to my friend at Bupers...see how many pilot selects we can make SWO's.....ha, ha, ha.

--Steve Wilkins

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Well hell,

Go Gators

I'm a gator too.

So is our former little Marine Gator. (I know, once a marine always a Marine) Untill you see the light and join the Navy anyway Hey Greg is also going to flight school with us and he went to school in G'ville. Damn I guess UF puts more aviators in the Navy than any other School !

Dave

Edited by - EodDave on 02/14/2002 14:39:00

Jack

there are now 11 Gators in Meridian. All from classes 98-01. Just another coincidence but 8 of us were also shooters with VT-6....

jack

jec

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WOW....I mention the S - W - O word and Bupers in the same sentence, and suddendly everyone is a Gator fan. Seems kind of fishy to me.

--Steve Wilkins

Status
Not open for further replies.