• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
From the looks of their shoulder patches, they all think there's an F in EA-18G
Don't even get me started . . . though my spies tell me it's getting better as more experienced Prowler people go through the pipeline.

:rolleyes: Are we going to do this again? And if so, for how much longer? If you guys would like to continue this sideshow, send a PM - I'd be happy to help you out.

Do these patches have enough lighting bolts and HARM for you guys?

scorps.jpg triangle.jpg 129.jpg 138.jpg

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
:rolleyes: Are we going to do this again? And if so, for how much longer? If you guys would like to continue this sideshow, send a PM - I'd be happy to help you out.

That's not the point. The point I was making is that the EA community has a diverse background and history and they need to keep it alive. Adopting the stupid fighter style coffin patch is is disgusting and the practice needs to stop. My 2 cents.

I'll counter your Scorpion patch with their other one:
Scorp.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not sure I understand how the shape of a patch can render it an object of disgust. The community is changing - both goods and others, but patch minutiae are the least of our concerns.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Eh, it shouldn't matter too much what they wear. One of the most popular Prowler patches was a rip-off of an Intruder one and the VA guys didn't let us VAQ guys forget it (most of my Prowler DH's were previously VA). If they actually think they are fighter guys and burn FLE too fast on the new birds then that is a problem, flying a 3G bird is not a lot of fun.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Eh, it shouldn't matter too much what they wear. One of the most popular Prowler patches was a rip-off of an Intruder one and the VA guys didn't let us VAQ guys forget it (most of my Prowler DH's were previously VA).
Well, the EA-6B was a direct rip off of the A-6, so why shouldn't the patch have evolved from VA squadrons. It's part of the history and lineage.

I'm not sure I understand how the shape of a patch can render it an object of disgust. The community is changing - both goods and others, but patch minutiae are the least of our concerns.
I understand it's a small point, but I'm just not a fan of the patch and it's association with the VFA community. I understand the Growler community is evolving and they are still trying to figure out how they exactly fit it. So should we change the name of the VAQ squadrons to VFAQ?

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Any update on the latest and greatest idea for the replacement for the C2? Last I heard (about 5 months ago) was that within 12 months Big Navy would be making a decision.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I always wonder why they couldn't just make new C-2s, since they are making new E-2s.

They'd have to open a new production line. The CODs were built in Calverton, not St Augustine, and SAMC doesn't have that much excess production capacity. It could be done, but it'd require a huge capital investment for a fairly limited production run.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any update on the latest and greatest idea for the replacement for the C2? Last I heard (about 5 months ago) was that within 12 months Big Navy would be making a decision.

When it comes to aircraft procurement, there's never A Decision. There's groups and boards and admirals and staffs making recommendations and COA analyses. And that's before the lawyers get involved. Eventually the whole hive collective organism lurches in a general direction.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
There's no world I can see where they don't buy a variant of the Plopter. Don't worry COD guys, we'll let you have our rotary patches without an online forum debate.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Does the Osprey have the legs to give the CVN blue-water ops capability?

What about payload? I know the JSF engine doesn't fit...