• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Duty Station...OCS CEC Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Week 6 or 7 is when the CEC candidates submit their "wishlist" I'm not sure as to how long it takes after that. They should have their orders to CECOS and their ultimate duty station by week 11 or 12.

navsup

BDCP Supply
what are "cec" candidates? Does that mean you will know your duty station after the training location? For example I go to nscs in Athens for 6 months after OCS, when DO we find our next station

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
CEC is the Civil Engineer Corps. For communities with short training, you get your orders while at OCS. The school is considered TAD. For supply, you'll get PCS orders to Athens, and then you'll get your ultimate duty station orders during supply school. Also, your performance will influence your orders (i.e., the better you do, the more choices you'll have).

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
No, but you should have your orders by the time you're candio, and usually people going for the same designators will find out around the same time. Keep in mind, only a few communities cut Ultimate Duty Station orders out of OCS.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
MikesPea,

I've heard both too. I got verbal orders after 9th week, with the orders being cut 11th or 12th week. AMDO school only classes up 4 times a year, so they try to put people into OCS classes that will graduate, and then go to AMDO school within a 2 month period or so (I was comissioned Dec 13, went to school Jan 10(?), you can bank on your husband going to AMDO school in Whiting for 10 weeks in the middle of march) The course is only ten weeks long. What can happen, is that if an AMDO is slated to graduate and class up in January, but rolls a couple times, this can screw up the orders. For example, an AMDO in our class rolled, meaning that instead of going to AMDO school in January, he had to wait until March, which affected his choice of orders (but he still got his orders before OCS was over).

To put it frankly (and to stop this longwinded post), unless something strange happens, your husband should have orders at the end of OCS. All the people in my AMDO class had knew where they were going the first day of class.

ordinary_guy

Hey, Thisguy. Out of curiosity, how is your lateral transfer going? I've noticed that you've been applying for a while.

Liked the website by the way. Did you know that your "American Pie" twin is going to be in a movie? "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" or something like that.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Ordinary Guy,

It's going all right, I've talked to my DH, XO, CO, and they're all on board, and I'm trying to sked an interview with the Acessions O. The reason it looks like I've been applying for awhile is because the board only meets twice a year. I'm getting pretty stoked as I prepare my app for the November board.

Yeah, that Harold and Kumar movie looks funny as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.