• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dumb question about NJP on OCS application

jujubee

I don't know if anyone here has insight about block 29: "Civil/Military Offense(s): (List all incidents except minor offenses that impose a fine of $300.00 or less, exclusive of court charges.): Have you ever been cited, arrested, convicted, or fined for any violation of any law or ordinance? If yes, give complete description of incident(s).
State where and when each incident occurred, the nature of the offense(s), and the date and disposition of case(s). (Include NJPs and Courts Martial).
NOTE: FAILURE TO REPORT ANY SUCH INCIDENT MAY BE GROUNDS FOR WITHDRAWAL OF AN OFFER OF ACCEPTANCE INTO A
COMMISSIONING PROGRAM."

It sounds like you are only supposed to list things that resulted in a fine over $300. I went to NJP a while ago and got a suspended bust and suspended 1/2 months pay x2. Since it was suspended technically I didn't pay anything, so should it be listed?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know if anyone here has insight about block 29: "Civil/Military Offense(s): (List all incidents except minor offenses that impose a fine of $300.00 or less, exclusive of court charges.): Have you ever been cited, arrested, convicted, or fined for any violation of any law or ordinance? If yes, give complete description of incident(s).
State where and when each incident occurred, the nature of the offense(s), and the date and disposition of case(s). (Include NJPs and Courts Martial).
NOTE: FAILURE TO REPORT ANY SUCH INCIDENT MAY BE GROUNDS FOR WITHDRAWAL OF AN OFFER OF ACCEPTANCE INTO A
COMMISSIONING PROGRAM."

It sounds like you are only supposed to list things that resulted in a fine over $300. I went to NJP a while ago and got a suspended bust and suspended 1/2 months pay x2. Since it was suspended technically I didn't pay anything, so should it be listed?
Yes, list your NJP. I know many commissioned officers that had an NJP in their record.

Here’s the really important part: Leverage your early mistakes (NJP) into your personal statement and how you LEARNED from your your mistakes, and how it will make you a stronger Officer.

Certainly don’t hide it….it would have a way of coming back to haunt you.