• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dropped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Hey everyone,
I just returned from Quantico after only a week and change. I was NPQ'ed for my run time (my worst fear). If anyone else had my same misfortune give a hollar. I was India Company 2nd platoon. BTW if anyone else was there for that first incriment that seen what happen to the candidate that Sh!t himself on the run let me know. The SSgt must have tore him a new one.

3rdgenmarine

Nick,
Sorry to hear about your NPQ status. If you don't mind saying, what was your time? Do you have an opportunity to reapply?
I'm interested as I'm a product of OCS myself and my son is in India 3rd Platoon.
What(aside from your obvious disappointment)were your impressions of the PLC program? What advice/news can you give us?
Thanks

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
That being the case, anything less than a 300 PFT on your next application would be UNSAT. Now you know they aren't screwing around.

perchul

Seriously, I want to know what happens to someone at OCS when they crap themselves

Tolerance only benefits the weak

Nick

My OSO said he would like to re contract me on the condition of a 250pft or better. I just choked on the run I think. Running in the rain and standing water prob didn't help anyone's run time either, but at least I know what I have to do before I head back. The PLC program is a very attactive option for young fliers like myself who don't have the 90 credit hours of college to apply for it anywhere else. Plus you get to earn the title of Marine. Don't mean to make it sound like an added benifit, but it's hard to word correctly. If anyone wants to know what will make life easier the first week or so let me know and I can tell you. And the run was in PT shorts Worm...probably one of the few times you'll see those SNCO's laugh while you're there.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
That is up there with a kid in my PLC jr class (2000). He did the 10-mile hike with his boots on the wrong feet! I think he might have been in Beetle’s platoon – at the second break he requested permission to change his boots to the right feet. Your imagination will only be able to describe the amount of crap he got for that.
If you want it, I am a firm believer that hard work can get you anywhere you want to go. In the 7th grade, I was the fat kid that couldn’t do a pull-up and worked my way up to 23 when I got to OCS. I’ve seen a lot of people fumble in the beginning, and then come back strong just because of the drive they had. There was a big difference in performance from everyone that came back for PLC sr. If you want it, don’t let it get you down and go back with at least a 290. Once you make it to TBS, nothing at OCS counts for anything – it was simply pass/fail.
As far as the second chances go, I know that they are a lot tougher with the MECEPs because of the amount of $ that they invest. I’ve heard of a few stories of someone coming back to OCS for the 3rd time and then sent home for the final time. If you get a second shot, don’t count on a 3rd, it won’t happen.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
If anyone wants to know what will make life easier the first week or so let me know and I can tell you.

Yes I do. Please Inform me.

"There were many airplanes, but it was the skinny bird that scared us the most."
- Iraqi POW on the AH-1W Cobra -

Nick

For the first few days, definatly know marine corps rank structure and what the insignia on the collar looks like (Sgt., SSgt., Gunny Sgt, etc). Know how to respond and don't get nervous if you get singled out. Never do something stupid if you're leading your platoon around ( one kid lead us through waist high water in go-fasters and civilian clothes). its better to get an ass chewing than to spend the whole time wet. Pack light and get a seabag or a backpack cause you will carrying all your trash for the first week miles and miles. anything else I missed?

Nick

this is embarrasing with all the pt studs that check this site...: 100 crunches, 10 pullups (that counted) and 25 min 3 mile. they wanted to see at least 24 and if I'd had gotten theat then I would get ot stay on probation. I was able to do it in 23 last night so i feel better about myself. I went out and bought a pullup bar today so Im gonna start that armstrong program. Anyone have luck with that? But thanks for the motovation on here guys(and gals?) kinda decreases the self loathing. Get up and left right left right I suppose.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Your best bet is if you can find a motivated Marine in the area that is looking for a workout partner. When I was 19, a Staff Sergeant that took me under his wing and showed me the ropes. There is a big difference between combat conditioning and the guys in the gym working on the biceps. In the past few replies, the pft was the buzz word, but you want to train above and beyond that – eventually you will be doing the e-course which is a lot more challenging. At TBS, it is just under five miles with boots and full camies along with the flc, rifle, camel back, and a pack full of Shiat. It starts of with the O course, you then move on to the run, the second half of which include obstacles such as ropes up and down several cliffs, low crawl, and a few other treats. For men, max = 60 min, fail > 80 min. If you train to that level, the pft will be a piece of cake. Also, if you get used to running in boots, it will make you money. Buy a cheap set of jungles, and do some trail running.
The only other advice that I can offer is that training alone can be a drag. Get involved with something like a triathlon club, there will be people there that know a lot more about running than I do – it helped me out.
In some of the other forums, people were asking about the boot issue – what was allowed vs. what wasn’t. I am sure they would love to hear about how that process was handled.
Cheers,
Andy

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Yeah, that PFT in the rain was a pain in the arse, but I was glad they pushed it up a day early instead of doing on the same day as pick-up. Well, gentlemen, I've just got 2 and 1/2 weeks before finishing up the job in "motivating" Echo Company. SULE II, here I come. Maybe I'll check the site next liberty real quick. For now, I've got to go. You know the routine.

farkle84

good luck with SULE II. just be confident in land nav, as well as leading the squad. make sure you know the 5 paragraph order down. i went through SULE II with a rolled ankle and the LRC run was tough, but if you got ouchie's or pain just get some motrin from the doc and that will fix it. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.