• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dropped/Withdrawn classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Well, it turns out that I got stuck with the worst math teacher on campus. At first I thought it was just me not understanding the material, but roughly 60% of the class has Ds or Fs. The only people who are passing are people who had Calculus in high school but didn't get college level credit for it.

But I was too stupid the first two or three weeks to transfer to another teacher...and now I'm very seriously considering dropping the class and taking it with another teacher next semester; then take whatever I'm already supposed to take next semester over the summer and be fine for next fall.

So, my question is...does the Navy care if it shows on my transcript that I withdrew from a class? Or is all they care about the GPA?

Daedalus

In addition: I have read that you must submit transcripts for all college classes for which you have credit, does this mean if you failed, you do not have to provide the transcript because you got 0.0 credit, do you even have to provide transcripts if you droped the class?

Irrumpo

I fought the law and the law won
It is fine to withdraw or drop a class as long as you stay full time and maintain your GPA. If you are enrolled in BDCP, you should discuss this with your recruiter to keep him/her informed as to what you decide to do. As for the transcript thing, at the university I went to, every class, no matter if you failed, dropped, or withdrew, would show up on your transcript; you didn’t have the option to leave something off. Check with your school, they might not list withdrawn or dropped classes on your transcript, but I can guarantee that failed classes will be there.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Talk to your recruiter before you withdraw! You'll likely have to get permission from the Navy first.

JayManC

if youre BDCP i wholeheartedly recommend talking to your recruiter before even sneezing

JayManC

once you submit that DCP, you and the navy are agreeing on a course of action to take in order for you to complete your degree. any deviation from that begets quite the rheeming. speaking from experience i submitted mine, with a conservative estimate on my graduation date, and then due to some potential problems developing on the home front i stepped up the pace in order to graduate a semester early (took extra courses, and over the summer) thinking that i would be quite the hot shot (and OBTW earned an I in one of my summer classes knocking me from 12 to 9 credits) anyways when i informed my OPO about this at our last DEPPER meet he was less than pleased. telling me that by not informing him of my summer classes and by changing my DCP it showed a "failure to follow orders" etc. etc. anyways i was given a july OCS date and was figuring it might me stepped up due to my december graduation but now its looking like it will hold fast and I may end up working out of his office for the 7 mos while i wait to class up. its worth noting that his office is 1.5 hours away. anyways figured i would tip you off about some mistakes to avoid. JMC

Status
Not open for further replies.